Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right in terms of investment from above. But if there were no PL compliance rules, I think it's safe to say the club could spend up to £30 million- which wouldn't do much to improve our shambles of a team. But we clearly aren't doing that which makes me think in the short-term it is more of a compliance issue.

Infrastructure costs don't count toward PL compliance rules (I think I'm right in saying) so that would be something at least. But what concerns me is that if we are hampered at the moment by PL compliance rules, we will certainly be hampered by rising stadium costs over the next few years (as Spurs were) which could then combine to mean sod all investment in the squad for the next five years.

That's a troubling thought and I genuinely believe that if we are going to fail compliance rules anyway we should invest in our squad now to bring in younger, talented players to try an help us become self-sufficient. I am genuinely worried though that we won't do and then the money will fry up altogether in a few years' time.

Did the clubs that broke the European FFP rules, City and Wolves, not break the PL rules at the same time?

I don’t see the PL punishing anyone for spending money. The PL absolutely loves clubs spending as much as they possibly can.

Did the clubs that broke the European FFP rules, City and Wolves, not break the PL rules at the same time?

I don’t see the PL punishing anyone for spending money. The PL absolutely loves clubs spending as much as they possibly can.
Tell the club that mate. They don't appear to have the appetite/bottle to take them on.

Did we ever actually announce that Bernard had gone or did the club completely fail to mention it?

Beni gone too, keep them flooding out the door. Realistically, Kenny out on loan til his contract expires, same with Tosun, Delph, and probably Gylfi unless his contract is terminated before then. We really are goosed FFP wise. Ideally we need a window where we spend almost nothing and get rid of tons of deadwood to balance the books, but we badly need a right back and can’t go the whole season without getting one in.

Did we ever actually announce that Bernard had gone or did the club completely fail to mention it?

Beni gone too, keep them flooding out the door. Realistically, Kenny out on loan til his contract expires, same with Tosun, Delph, and probably Gylfi unless his contract is terminated before then. We really are goosed FFP wise. Ideally we need a window where we spend almost nothing and get rid of tons of deadwood to balance the books, but we badly need a right back and can’t go the whole season without getting one in.

Yeah we announced it last weekend. Think we said the other team had announced it before all paperwork was complete

We’re doing a pretty good job getting total deadwood out and replacing them with better, cheaper options for the squad. If we can hold on to all our top talent, find a way to get rid of Delph and add two or more quality players we’ve had a top window.
Obviously would love to see people like Iwobi replaced too but that’s unrealistic with his contract.

Tell the club that mate. They don't appear to have the appetite/bottle to take them on.

It depends. If other clubs have already breached the PL spending rules without punishment, then I think the lack of spending so far points towards other factors. If nobody has yet broken them, making punishments unprecedented, then it could be a factor?

Personally, I think Moshiri has probably just got fed up with spending pure wonga to get absolutely nowhere. Someone has probably piped up with that platitude about doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results. And then he has a new stadium to fund on top of that.

Time will tell, but I don’t see the PL dishing out punishments for clubs spending money.

Who’s gone so far?
Benni
Besic
Bolaise
Bernard

anyone else who doesn’t start with B?

Walcott
Olsen
Pennington
Bowler
Connolly

Benni 8k
Besic 30k
Bolaise 80k
Bernard 120k
Walcott 100k
Olsen 40k
Pennington 10k
Bowler 5k
Connolly 4k

Almost 400k per week off the wage bill there, over £20 mil per year, we were probably getting about 80k per week combined back in wage contributions from Saints for Walcott and Middlesbrough for Bolasie but still a significant saving.

Bowler
Connolly

Benni 8k
Besic 30k
Bolaise 80k
Bernard 120k
Walcott 100k
Olsen 40k
Pennington 10k
Bowler 5k
Connolly 4k

Almost 400k per week off the wage bill there, over £20 mil per year, we were probably getting about 80k per week combined back in wage contributions from Saints for Walcott and Middlesbrough for Bolasie but still a significant saving.
Ancelotti and his team as well. I know we now have Rafael, but I’d imagine we are still saving over the 2 management teams. And we supposedly got compo off Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.