Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I appreciate your well crafted and thoughtful views on these underwhelming signings I don't think your assertion that people who disagree are " immature ".
You have to appreciate some of us who worry that these levels of signings are the only thing we can look forward to this summer after buying the likes of James and Allan previously . That is one hell of a drop in quality .
If this is just filling spots in order to get players to push on into those converted top 6 spots , I am happy to admit I'm an idiot however with the appointment of a cheap option in our manager chair and these kind of recruits. You have to concede , it doesn't look good.
This also isn’t football manager or fantasy football where we get £100 million and you buy the best players. This is a tough time for football clubs after Covid and we are in yet another transitional period. I’m sure over the summer there will be two really good first team signings, but a football club needs a squad and we are building a squad.

Baz and Ped are ITK...Baz has some very senior moles in EFC’s hierarchy
Could listen to them one time but the overbearing positive spin on the club is too much for me ,

Attachments

• 116705-49038.jpg
    116705-49038.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 128
Any of the finance bods know what it means for our spending if we get bernard off for say £8m amd his wages gone?

Quite. People were slating brands for the lack of depth in the squad. Now we're signing squad players and that's wrong too
Mad isn’t it? We had multiple goalkeepers and/or a bunch of kids most of us have never heard of on the bench. I get these aren’t megastars but far better cover than what we had last season and gives us extra to spend on starting 11 players.

What ambitions do the signings of Berkovic Townsend and Gray suggest?
Are we going to win anything or are we going down?
Or are we going to have more meaningless seasons?
Our ambition should be to improve on last year. One of the ways we do that is by having a squad that allows us to field a full bench of players who may be able to affect the game when brought on. We can argue amongst ourselves as to whether they can, but RB obviously thinks so.

Not every signing can be a statement in and of itself. We made a statement signing last year and limped to 10th.

I’m an older guy, not a regular poster but I have to comment about some of the really silly and immature comments over the last few days.
I’ll break it down
Would I be signing Begavic, Townsend and Gray, personally no, but I understand why we have. We have picked up three players for £1.5 million. Given them short deals and picked up players that have a point to prove each in a different way. I don’t see any issue with any of the signings.
Do I expect them to start games, no I don’t, but last season we constantly had a bench not filled, a bench with two keepers, a bench at Brighton where Nathan Broadhead was coming on to win us the match. These three straight away improve our options later in the game.
Some posters are mad, Everton have just signed Messi on a free would be followed by moaning about wages and age. I suppose it’s just what we all do.
no one knows the impact of Covid on the club or how much money we have to spend. We are doing business early rather than on deadline day and who knows, for the money spent it only needs one of them three to be a success and it’s been a bloody good deal.
thanks for reading. Up the toffees
You may not be the hero we want, but you are the hero we need right now.

Any of the finance bods know what it means for our spending if we get bernard off for say £8m amd his wages gone?
Because he’ll have no book value, the £8m would all be profit. Pretty straightforward case. Similarly his £120k (?) a week wages would be off the books and in theory could be used up elsewhere.

How much of the £8m we could reinvest depends on our current position re FFP and what our aim is internally re balancing the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.