Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

I did my bit when you were forum banned last time.

The bossman does not give in to terrorism.
The boss man has his hands full on here right now. I dont want to add to his woes.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll be let back in.

tenor.gif

….Reid and Bracewell played centrally in our great team of of the mid-80s & hardly crossed the half way line. Two defensive CMs is a decent team model if there’s genuine goal and creative threat out wide and in central attacking positions.

The game has moved on a touch since the 80’s unfortunately although I appreciate we have gone backwards

I’m an older guy, not a regular poster but I have to comment about some of the really silly and immature comments over the last few days.
I’ll break it down
Would I be signing Begavic, Townsend and Gray, personally no, but I understand why we have. We have picked up three players for £1.5 million. Given them short deals and picked up players that have a point to prove each in a different way. I don’t see any issue with any of the signings.
Do I expect them to start games, no I don’t, but last season we constantly had a bench not filled, a bench with two keepers, a bench at Brighton where Nathan Broadhead was coming on to win us the match. These three straight away improve our options later in the game.
Some posters are mad, Everton have just signed Messi on a free would be followed by moaning about wages and age. I suppose it’s just what we all do.
no one knows the impact of Covid on the club or how much money we have to spend. We are doing business early rather than on deadline day and who knows, for the money spent it only needs one of them three to be a success and it’s been a bloody good deal.
thanks for reading. Up the toffees

I’m an older guy, not a regular poster but I have to comment about some of the really silly and immature comments over the last few days.
I’ll break it down
Would I be signing Begavic, Townsend and Gray, personally no, but I understand why we have. We have picked up three players for £1.5 million. Given them short deals and picked up players that have a point to prove each in a different way. I don’t see any issue with any of the signings.
Do I expect them to start games, no I don’t, but last season we constantly had a bench not filled, a bench with two keepers, a bench at Brighton where Nathan Broadhead was coming on to win us the match. These three straight away improve our options later in the game.
Some posters are mad, Everton have just signed Messi on a free would be followed by moaning about wages and age. I suppose it’s just what we all do.
no one knows the impact of Covid on the club or how much money we have to spend. We are doing business early rather than on deadline day and who knows, for the money spent it only needs one of them three to be a success and it’s been a bloody good deal.

100% agree.

I’ll break it down
While I appreciate your well crafted and thoughtful views on these underwhelming signings I don't think your assertion that people who disagree are " immature ".
You have to appreciate some of us who worry that these levels of signings are the only thing we can look forward to this summer after buying the likes of James and Allan previously . That is one hell of a drop in quality .
If this is just filling spots in order to get players to push on into those converted top 6 spots , I am happy to admit I'm an idiot however with the appointment of a cheap option in our manager chair and these kind of recruits. You have to concede , it doesn't look good.

While I appreciate your well crafted and thoughtful views on these underwhelming signings I don't think your assertion that people who disagree are " immature ".
You have to appreciate some of us who worry that these levels of signings are the only thing we can look forward to this summer after buying the likes of James and Allan previously . That is one hell of a drop in quality .
If this is just filling spots in order to get players to push on into those converted top 6 spots , I am happy to admit I'm an idiot however with the appointment of a cheap option in our manager chair and these kind of recruits. You have to concede , it doesn't look good.
He didn’t say that people who disagreed were immature, he said he was piping up because some of the comments he had read were immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.