Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt say that mate - he knows the squad is full of suspect players mentally/commitment so will start removing them accordingly whilst replacing them with honest pros

Benard
Delph
Soggy
Slomes
Toshun
Kean
James

They'll be out on their ears in the next 12 months and rightfully so.

I can't agree with James on that list, he is genuine quality, our side last season was pedestrian at best, without him in the team. Just look at his goals, assists, chance creation, etc. He is a player we should be building a team around

While I appreciate your well crafted and thoughtful views on these underwhelming signings I don't think your assertion that people who disagree are " immature ".
You have to appreciate some of us who worry that these levels of signings are the only thing we can look forward to this summer after buying the likes of James and Allan previously . That is one hell of a drop in quality .
If this is just filling spots in order to get players to push on into those converted top 6 spots , I am happy to admit I'm an idiot however with the appointment of a cheap option in our manager chair and these kind of recruits. You have to concede , it doesn't look good.

Of course they're not signings in the superstar James category, or even in the exciting youngster Godfrey category, but they are absolutely what we need now - IF they are being signed as squad players. DCL, Richy and James - or at other times Gylfi, did not have any options off the bench. We need realistic competition for places to either give our first team players a rest, or to push the first teamers to do better. Did you read how Pickford credited Olsen and Virginia in part for his good form. Bernard is not realistic, Gordon might be, but Iwobi and Gordon as our pacy attackers is just not enough. If on the other hand, DCL, Richy, Gordon, Townsend, Demarai Gray and McNeil are fighting over 3 places - that's much better.

I can't agree with James on that list, he is genuine quality, our side last season was pedestrian at best, without him in the team. Just look at his goals, assists, chance creation, etc. He is a player we should be building a team around

….fabulous player, but not sure we were pedestrian without him when he’s arguably slower than Gomes.

Cant build a team around someome who's missing half the season injured and not comitted long term to the club mate.

Get someone like Pereira from West Brom who has pace, commitment, energy and can make mad tings happen with the ball and everyone will forget all about James in all honesty.

The club aren't even trying to compete anymore, it feels like we have given up

The problem is FFP, football is built on this house of cards and those at the top were so concerned with staying there, they tried to pull up the ladder with FFP. But whst they have actually done is stop themselves from being able to sell on the players they don't want anymore.

So there are a few bits to break down here really , Howard did indeed sign the not so ‘magnificent 7’ but i’m not sure I’d hold them up as an example as with the exception , and it’s a truly magnificent exception, of the Greatest keeper ever the rest were a disappointment.

I do however accept that with multiple keepers on the bench last year we need squad depth so boosting that squad probably isn’t a bad thing even if it’s mostly never mind the quality feel the width type additions at present .

finally i know they do the same job but at this minute I don’t really feel comfortable with the current incumbent being mentioned in the same conversation as a true Everton great in Howard Kendall .
Hopefully one day we will.

Someone say Rondon?

B861910F-3ABE-4CF3-A1E9-D8958205507C.jpeg

You’ll get no argument from me regarding your last paragraph, suppose the point I’m making is those garbage signing with the exception of Southall obviously gave Kendall the breathing space he needed to later buy the players he did to become the great manager he was. But let’s not forget what a close call it was, possibly a Adrian Heath equaliser away from the sack.
Jim Arnold was a good keeper and I could not understand why he was dropped...then I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.