Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is mate Newcastle would be signing them as starting 11 additions whereas we likely are not.

Thats what people need to remember really. By all means if come the windows end we haven't brought in a good wide player like Bailey or McNeil I'll be annoyed but still a few weeks left in the window to do business.

Dubravka, ASM and Almiron are starting ahead of Begovic, Townsend and Gray.

Just chatted with Leicester supporting son-in-law. He just laughed and said “what on earth are you doing trying to sign our cast offs?”
Sorry not adding much to the debate but that conversation did not fill me with confidence!!

The general consensus was like what we would say about Barkley, all the talent in the world without the mental ability to harness it.

We'll eventually sort this window out to satsifaction. Benitez - I have full confidence in him knowing who he wants and doesn't want and in his powers of persuasion with players to come in and get out.

Love him or loathe him, he is very competent and with half a budget behind him he'll come up trumps.

I rerckon the line up for the opening game will be well different than the one we had last season apart from Pickford, Digne, DCL, Doucoure.

The rest of the positions / places are very much in thr ballancde, but we'll see a better level of performance.

i genuinely hope you are right dave. I don’t like or want Rafael, but, if appointing him means that the board know that they have to back him with who he wants , maybe it’s a good thing? I mean they know that half of us are not happy with the appointment and they will know that things will turn sour pretty quick if he doesn’t start winning games fast. Maybe this is what we need ? For someone to come in and actually take charge and cull the squad and sign players that actually fit a system that a manger wants to play.

With the new incoming signings and the breaking news, this ‘week in Everton’ seems to have been brought direct to you from the psychotic mind of Keith Azul.

I don’t understand that point of view mate, it’s like saying here some gone off chicken, but don’t worry it’s only 25p. Ultimately you are threading water and a high risk of being worse then if you’d sat on your hands.

Ive only watched Gray in highlights if I’m being honest, so dont have a concrete opinion, like I said the Leicester lads didn’t rate him. At worse maybe we’d make a profit selling on to Bourmouth.

Ultimately if you find yourself, having to compromise, reach or dig deep to find positives, they aren’t good signings.

If you'd been paying 3 quid for your off chicken but someone offered you similar for 25p you'd obviously take it though!

Dubravka, ASM and Almiron are starting ahead of Begovic, Townsend and Gray.

And Pickford, Richarlison and one of McNeil/Bailey whoever we may get would start above those three mate.

Ultimately the starting 11 quality is what largely matters we just need semi reliable players with pace on low wages to come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.