Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate but thats where we are at the moment. Benitez has been brought in to build foundations similarly to what Moyes did over the years and that starts this summer.

We cant keep signing donkeys for £25 million+ at some stage we have to cut our cloth whilst we balance the books again.

No doubt next summer we will spend big as James will go, numerous dross on big wages are off the books and we'll have the BMD naming rights money starting to filter through. Potentially could also see Richarlison leave next year also.

Until then we need to box clever and have options in the squad whilst continuing to strengthen the starting 11.

McNeil & Dumfries is a start if they come - right age, pace, fill positions that need improving in.
I'd be relatively happy with these 2 as our big signings this summer. If Bernard and iwobi are shifted on and replaced with Townsend and Gray then I think that's sensible business.

They need to be moved on though, for it to make sense.

Looks like the plan is to have 2 right footed and 2 left footed wingers. Richarlison and Gray and a player like McNeil, Chukwueze or Bailey and Townsend. This should actually help us a lot giving us a lot more options. How many years are we lacking a left footed winger?

Looks like the plan is to have 2 right footed and 2 left footed wingers. Richarlison and Gray and a player like McNeil, Chukwueze or Bailey and Townsend. This should actually help us a lot giving us a lot more options. How many years are we lacking a left footed winger?
what about Richarlison, James, Iwobi and Bernard?

1626700251900.png

I think Burnley will want more like £35 million for McNeil, so I can’t see this one being done anytime soon.

Hopefully iwobi and Bernard (I like him but 120k/w, jeez) will leave.

Then you have Richy, McNeil, Gray and Townsend.

James as a real luxury player. He can play off the right or in the centre in the rare occasions he's fit. We shouldn't be relying on him as a regular member of the squad.

We'll eventually sort this window out to satsifaction. Benitez - I have full confidence in him knowing who he wants and doesn't want and in his powers of persuasion with players to come in and get out.

Love him or loathe him, he is very competent and with half a budget behind him he'll come up trumps.

I rerckon the line up for the opening game will be well different than the one we had last season apart from Pickford, Digne, DCL, Doucoure.

The rest of the positions / places are very much in thr ballancde, but we'll see a better level of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.