Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means absolutely nothing, Liverpool 2 from 9.
Our all round play is much better.
Using your comparison:
Do Liverpool have the players to start moving up the table? Absolutely.
Do we? Absolutely not.
If you are pinning our hopes of rectifying all of this in a few days given multiple windows of evidence that proves we're incompetent, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did DCL become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. DCL is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!

Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did Dominic Calvert-Lewin become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!
I don’t rate him particularly highly, but he’s still a decent premier league player. We have created chances and had some good balls come in the box but nobody t get on the end of it.

I think he’s overrated but there is a place for DCL in this squad if he can stay fit.

Can I ask everyone a question. Since when did Dominic Calvert-Lewin become Henry, or Bergkamp, or Shearer? He’s terrible, in all honesty. Some people in here saying we would have 9/9 points, top if the league if Dom plays, he’s the last piece of the puzzle etc etc. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is a Championship player at best. He certainly gives us more threat than nothing (which) we have got now, but someone who can only be relied on for about 10-12 goals and play maybe 65-70% of the season is not what we need either. We should be looking for his replacement, not forward partner. Sorry, I just don’t rate him highly at all, that’s my opinion!
“Championship player at best”

“Relied on for 10-12 goals”

These two statements do not add up lol.

Come on mate you're better than this.

You ,I and everyone knows if Dom wasn't injured & or we had propper striker options we would have more points.

A stupid push by Doucoure & poor finishing cost the points v Chelsea.
Poor finishing v Villa and could have won that at the end.
Same v Forest.
A striker solves all that.
And even if it doesn’t solve all of it, it’ll solve some and there’s points. I’ve said it before: we’re playing better than we did for large parts of last season.

Can we play better still? Of course, and the forward line is the glaring issue, so if we can go do business to help rectify this then great.

I don’t rate him particularly highly, but he’s still a decent premier league player. We have created chances and had some good balls come in the box but nobody t get on the end of it.

I think he’s overrated but there is a place for Dominic Calvert-Lewin in this squad if he can stay fit.

Yeah you are right. At this time we are right at his level.

Buddy???????

Dont brighton create plenty of chances and hes the gnome that misses them :eek: :(
Certainly the Potterball enthusiasts were giving him a "get-out-of-jail-free" card because he "didn't have a finisher." So, clearly, Frank has decided that what we need now is to continue in the grand tradition of Richarlison and buy somebody else who can always be relied on to let us down one-on-one.

I hope this works out well, but, you know...there's every chance in a few months that people will be dusting down the old Potterball excuse that we simply cannot score to round off all the great coaching work Frank has done with the team...

Neal Maupay solves it?
In terms of workrate and end product he does indeed replace Richy yes - over the past three seasons they've scored similar amounts.

Maupay is pretty much a shoe in for 8-10.

So question is right now we've lost absolutely no one if relevance besides Richy so why if Maupay does arrive are we weaker?

One of the best examples of attention seeking mince ever. Go and stand in the corner and wait for the Blair Witch.

Status
Not open for further replies.