Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
?!?!?!?
Are you always this stupid ?
Does it come naturally ?

Think we best leave this here yeah.
Nice. Personal insults. Real classy.

You don't think Maupay is the answer, yet he is looking like the most likely incoming striker. Unless you think @Tofeenut is unreliable? So if he's not the answer, and he is going to be our reserve striker, then I assume you think someone else we have been linked with is the answer, or maybe somebody already at the club? Rondon? McNeil?

Where are the goals coming from, since you're such a savvy football man? Completely distinct from a "stupid" idiot such as myself.

Mate, we've lost two and won one against Villa, Forest and a Chelsea side who just got utterly humped by a Leeds team who finished below is in the league last season. In doing so we conceded four times and scored 2. You can say we're better, you can say we are more defensively solid but the bare statistics don't back it up. Now we're looking likely to sign Neal Maupay and likely selling Gordon. We'll have lost our most productive player and our best prospect and will be replacing them with a lad who contributed 1 goal to Burnley and a forward unwanted by one of the lowest scoring sides in the PL. That is where we are now. And you want us to focus on the positives?
Edit - not won one, drawn one.

Nice. Personal insults. Real classy.

You don't think Maupay is the answer, yet he is looking like the most likely incoming striker. Unless you think @Tofeenut is unreliable? So if he's not the answer, and he is going to be our reserve striker, then I assume you think someone else we have been linked with is the answer, or maybe somebody already at the club? Rondon? McNeil?

Where are the goals coming from, since you're such a savvy football man? Completely distinct from a "stupid" idiot such as myself.
Don't you think you should wait till the end of the window before condemning us? I mean it could yet be the doom and gloom you predict, but it's unlikely with over a week left, when the whole world knows that 90% of all business is done in this last stretch.

In the words of the late, great David Coleman - you've gone far too early...

How come Haaland jnr turns up elsewhere? and Delap jnr? Have none of our former players ever had kids? Wheres the good footy genes? The legacy?
Why do we have to dip out again?

Oh for a Cadamateri or a Jeffers today...

Don't you think you should wait till the end of the window before condemning us? I mean it could yet be the doom and gloom you predict, but it's unlikely with over a week left, when the whole world knows that 90% of all business is done in this last stretch.

In the words of the late, great David Coleman - you've gone far too early...
I hope I have, all anybody on this forum wants is us to be successful but we are utterly impotent. We don't create meaningful chances and we don't have forwards who could convert those chances even if we did. Maybe in the next six days we will sign two creative midfielders and two clinical forwards. However, it is my overwhelming opinion that that is extremely unlikely and very strong links to Neal sodding Maupay reinforce my view that goals are going to be a problem for us for the rest of the season. In the immortal words of Michael Owen "the team that scores more goals than the other team usually wins".

I'm not wallowing in anything, I'm demanding we do better. You seem happy with us losing, good for you, I'm sure you'll live a long stress free life, I'm not happy, I'm disgusted with the trajectory of this club. We can't score, don't create enough chances, are linked with signing terrible players and linked with selling our better players. There are red flags everywhere, yet you want us to be happy about it. No ta.
You may be surprised to know that there are other things going on in my life that are a lot more important than Everton FC. And I do like to have some perspective.

Having said that I am not at all happy with getting beat or where we are in the table. You seem to think that anybody who is not as angry or disgusted as you, must be totally happy with everything Everton. Which us just wrong. Everybody will have different opinions. Me, I'm happier than I was for most of last season, but that doesn't make me happy. Far from it. But I can see improvement in some areas and that needs to be backed up with more signings. I'm not happy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.