Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling its going to be an absolutely mental few weeks here now.

Few thoughts after the last 2 games;

- Feel much more solid playing 3 at the back with new additions, showed the players we had can't play there.
- Onana showed more in the 15 minutes he was on then our entire midfield has for 2 seasons, get Gana in next to him and CM is good.
- Myko/Patterson have done ok in the full back roles, think we might see Vinagre a little more though.

Now the rest
- Upfront is an absolute show. Take away DCL injury, we are still absolutely devoid of any creativity. For all Gordon is and could be, end product is still a work in progress
- Gray - wow where to even start, should not be starting games, should be used in last 20 minutes to stretch defences, must be the easiest player in the league to defend get the ball, cut in have a Hollywood shot, or lose the ball. he is absolutely ineffective as a starting winger.
- McNeil - think needs time, but would want to see him starting to be a bit cleverer in his movement and showing for the ball.

I can see the building of a side, but we must get more creative players and a half decent striker till DCL is back - I think the weekends loss is on Lampard and his planning, but I can see something taking shape.

The front 3 is something that is absolutely needs improving. I dont want to see Gordon we dont know what his ceiling might be, but the business side of it I get and it might enable us to completely rework our front 3.

I do want that Terrier, think he ticks a lot of boxes for what I have mentioned about, but besides that I don't know what direction we go with it.

He's a year younger than Gordon and looked robust for Southampton.

Completes a youthful physical spine with Branthwaite and Onana for the long term.

Id be upset with that.

Why would it affect CB ?
We need another one. Selling Gordon allows us to do that while also replacing the forward line. Currently, we may end up relying on Keane at some point whereas if we bring another in, we can let him go without the desperate need to get top dollar for him.

Oh he’s learned to keep them inside the earths atmosphere then, that’s an improvement.

Are people hoping that the 6 months at Barcelona would have taught him how to cross?

He is a Bolasie, with pace and road muscles ? , however Bolasie was much more skilful.

I read somewhere if we sell Gordon that would give us 100m to spend in FFP terms because he's home grown is that true?

It would give us £50mil on the books immediately that could be spent.

Remember fees to be paid out are staggered across player contracts.

So we could sign 10 players for £25mil each on 5 year deals...

...which means £5mil a year for each of the 5 years × 10 = £50mil.

Snag is the wages + how we come up with the £50mil next year and the other 3 seasons its payable.

But you get the idea. No one would know the exact numbers as of course we dont know how we look on P&S and FFP...

...we can only guess.

Unless it’s a loan with option/obligation I don’t really like the idea of that being included in the deal. We’d just be helping Chelsea improve one of their players whilst giving them ours.

Yeah has to be either player included, or with Obligation to purchase.

End of the day we loaned Lukaku and most of us said the same about developing Chelseas players, but he got the bug and came back, every chance that would happen.

I read somewhere if we sell Gordon that would give us 100m to spend in FFP terms because he's home grown is that true?
Definitely don't think anyone can put a figure on it, but it definitely would give us a big profit in the accounts and the ability to spend.

With the way you amortise other players' fees on the balance sheet, it's likely we could spend more than the fee we bring in. As for an exact figure, no one can possibly say unless they have full access to our books and records, and a knowledge of what sort of contracts we would be offering potential signings.

Unless it’s a loan with option/obligation I don’t really like the idea of that being included in the deal. We’d just be helping Chelsea improve one of their players whilst giving them ours.

Yes I dont really see why that should be counted as a benefit in any calculations.

I'd rather just negotiate the sale of Gordon for the most money possible, and look at replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.