Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your plan A is terrible , sell a highly rated young player whose potential is massive (nobody would be offering £40m if it wasn’t.
Sign Traore a player whose inability to have any meaningful effect on games is now a standing joke.
Help develop two young Chelsea players for a season (Cockneys doing cockney’s favours ). Incidentally Broja is comparable to Gordon in as yet largely unrealised potential, certainly no better.
No thanks.
I'm not saying Gordon is a bad player but I don't honestly believe many people would turn down £50 million for him. Put it this way, how many fans would be happy if Everton paid £50 mill for him?
On your point on helping Chelsea players, Gallagher was superb last season for Palace (even better than Gordon), so if that means we get a good season out of him that helps us stay up, as well as helping Chelsea in the long run, then I would be more than happy. Not sure if you are aware but we aren't really in the same position as Chelsea at the moment (or the last number of years).

If Gordon goes (and while I don't want him to, if a bid comes in of 55m+, its a no brianer. We then need 3 forwards (as everyone was saying we needed 2 already), and still need a midfielder in.

But it potentially also allows us to get another CB in, allowing Keane to leave and not to then be worried about Mina ever being fit.

Broja scored 6 goals in the Premiership last year as a striker, Gordon scored 4 from midfield so yes Broja is hardly an upgrade.
Keep in mind that Broja did not play workhorse minutes last season. Not saying that his minutes-per-goal ratio was great or anything, but he's probably a +/- 10 goals a season player if he's a focal point right now.

….you like ‘direct pace’ but want Gordon sold is a bit of a contradiction, especially for Traore who is very erratic

….you like ‘direct pace’ but want Gordon sold is a bit of a contradiction, especially for Traore who is very erratic.
Fair point on 'erratic' but most wingers are (even Gordon can have an off day). And I'd be happy to swap Gordon's direct pace for Traore's direct pace....plus £40 million.

If we do get £50m for Gordon, surely our list of targets completely changes as that’s a huge profit FFP wise. Players we’ve moved on from at the top of the list need revisiting. Not MGW as they’d want whatever we get for Gordon, but Terrier from Rennes and perhaps Broja from Chelsea. If we got them 2 in we’d be stronger overall. If the deal is happening, we really should be hanging fire on any transfers.

If Gordon goes (and while I don't want him to, if a bid comes in of 55m+, its a no brianer. We then need 3 forwards (as everyone was saying we needed 2 already), and still need a midfielder in.

But it potentially also allows us to get another CB in, allowing Keane to leave and not to then be worried about Mina ever being fit.
I’d concentrate all our remaining budget on forwards and if we can get a CM in, assuming it’s Gana or similar, that would allow us to move to 4 at the back. Mykolenko can play left CB too if need arises.

Broja, so why do we want him? Is he the real deal? I rather keep Gordon if broja is the replacement

He's a year younger than Gordon and looked robust for Southampton.

Completes a youthful physical spine with Branthwaite and Onana for the long term.

Out:
Gordon

In:
Aouar
Gueye
Guirassy
Sarr

Id be upset with that.

Why would it affect CB ?

It depends on two things how much Chelsea are willing to pay if it's 55/60m we have to sell in our position. Also what our current budget is now...

Status
Not open for further replies.