Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely don't think anyone can put a figure on it, but it definitely would give us a big profit in the accounts and the ability to spend.

With the way you amortise other players' fees on the balance sheet, it's likely we could spend more than the fee we bring in. As for an exact figure, no one can possibly say unless they have full access to our books and records, and what sort of contracts we would be offering potential signings.

You're right that it's quite complex.

I think 50m profit on Gordon, would essentially make us break even under FFP for this years accounts, and give us big wriggle room (which we get anyway from July 23 as we lose the awful 17/18 year off the cycle).

We need another one. Selling Gordon allows us to do that while also replacing the forward line. Currently, we may end up relying on Keane at some point whereas if we bring another in, we can let him go without the desperate need to get top dollar for him.

Weve got 7 at the moment...

Coady
Tarkowski
Mina
Godfrey
Holgate
Branthwaite (on loan)
Keane
+ Welch is being included on the bench

I think we can sell Keane and not feel any pain. More so Id be delighted.

Coady
Tarkowski
Mina
Godfrey
Holgate
Branthwaite (on loan)
Keane

I mean are you not ignoring the fact 2-3 of those 7 are currently injured and 1 of those 7 definitely isn’t up to PL standard right now (Welch).

Coady
Tarkowski
Mina
Godfrey
Holgate
Branthwaite (on loan)
Keane

2 of those are long term injured, one on loan, and one very young. Definitely not in a position to sell someone in the short term without adding a replacement, especially since we start with 3 defenders.

Coady
Tarkowski
Mina
Godfrey
Holgate
Branthwaite (on loan)
Keane

3 currently are unavailable to us. One of which isn't here all season (and may still need further loans going forward to get to the right level), another rarely stays fit. And Welch is very young and is while included in the squad, I imagine will need loans like branthwaite to get ready for this level.

Bringing in another 23/24 year old, (considering coady is also a loan and may not be here next season) wouldn't be a bad thing for me.

If the rumour is true and Chelsea do want Gordon, here's what I'd do to replace him.

- Sign Martin Terrier from Rennes (approx £28m)
- Sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon (approx £10m)

In my humble opinion, both these players are as proven as we can hope for. In terms of goals and assists I believe these two players would combine to exceed the contributions made by Gordon and Richarlison last season.

Beyond that I'd want to see the two remaining loan slots used too, at least one on a CM. I worry we haven't actually done enough yet in terms of fixing the midfield.

We have a looming issue regarding wages however: too many players currently in the squad who don't contribute but are on hefty wedge. We should be working harder to get rid of anyone who isn't in genuine consideration for the first XI. With too many of them still here there's only so much we can do to upgrade the squad.

PS crazy to think that if a £50m bid for Gordon had come in 48 days ago we could have still completed all the business we have done so far but Richarlison could have still been here.

Terrir at 28m seems a massive price mate.

Think we have to sell Gordon at £50mil. This is about Everton and our future stability. £110mil of sales will be massive for the clubs finances and that really has to come first.

I think we’ve managed the lad poorly if honest, giving him the number 10 and all this Gordon nonsense.. it’s started to affect his performances imo. I’d be happy enough to take the profit at this point. For those of you who saw Rooney first time around.. that’s what real potential looks like.. 16 years old and the whole ground willing the entire team to give him the ball.. that’s not the case with Gordon, we love his endeavour but his end product is nowhere near a £50mill player.

Ultimately, whatever happens, I hope it’s the managers decision. If it is, we need to back it.

We still need to find ways to move on a few other players. Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Nkounkou, are the obvious ones and I'd also be fine with letting go Alli, Gray, Rondon etc.

Finding new clubs for those out of favour midfielders is the best way of increasing our spending power in the window, and Thelwell needs to try and find solutions.

Think we have to sell Gordon at £50mil. This is about Everton and our future stability. £110mil of sales will be massive for the clubs finances and that really has to come first.

I think we’ve managed the lad poorly if honest, giving him the number 10 and all this Gordon nonsense.. it’s started to affect his performances imo. I’d be happy enough to take the profit at this point. For those of you who saw Rooney first time around.. that’s what real potential looks like.. 16 years old and the whole ground willing the entire team to give him the ball.. that’s not the case with Gordon, we love his endeavour but his end product is nowhere near a £50mill player.

Ultimately, whatever happens, I hope it’s the managers decision. If it is, we need to back it.

It really should be the DOF's decision, or there is not much point employing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.