Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont really have that much of a problem with the Adams link but selling Gordon and bringing him in is a bit much for me tonight.

What a mess we find ourselves in
Totally agree if that's the extent of our business Tim. But if we brought in Adams as cover for DCL AND another striker of quality like Terrier, who we would now have the money for, AND use the negotiations to loan in one of Chelseas quality players that will be surplus this season, then I think it makes sense.

To a large degree we're sacrificing our future for the here and now,

…possibly, although I imagine these things take a while to sort if you consider a chain of events.

Personal terms could not be agreed unless Everton gave Chelsea permission to talk to the player. Everton would not allow this unless they agreed to sell & Gordon agreed to leave. I can’t see all of those events happening post-Aston Villa to make yesterdays news.

There are cynics who might consider if this situation has been generated by Everton to drum up interest in a sellable asset to raise funds for transfer targets.
Personal terms for pretty much every transfer are agreed before a bid is even made. Clubs can’t be bothered to go through the whole process of trying to buy a player only for it to turn out they don’t actually want to come so all this goes on in the background in advance.

You’d hope the Gordon negotiations wouldn’t stall our own desperate search for a forward player or 2…

But the fear is it will, as we may be shopping in a for different players with £50m from a sale.

Personal terms for pretty much every transfer are agreed before a bid is even made. Clubs can’t be bothered to go through the whole process of trying to buy a player only for it to turn out they don’t actually want to come so all this goes on in the background in advance.

…I agree that contact takes place to determine if a player is keen on the move but I doubt if the detail has been ironed out before he clubs have spoken.

i doubt Gordon would’ve played on Saturday if yesterday's reports were accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.