Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grind out clean sheets and hope to nick a goal here and there. It's how Ancelotti set up in the second half when we were goal challenged. We were top 4 with James and two healthy strikers, but never without. Works (in the sense that we pip Spurs for 7th) if we run through the tape against Villa and Sheffield down the stretch.
So what you’re saying is it didn’t work, just to be clear.

To be fair, I've been restless since the hour we sold our main goalscorer with no sign of any plan to replace him properly. I think people are doing that thing that happened all those previous summers of getting carried away by us signing players, but the squad isn't becoming any less unbalanced.
As often is the case in this foul entitled and angry British bubble we dwell in, it’s polarised. Loads are too positive just as loads as too negative, and each shall clash with each other without taking a step back.

Join me with the coolest cats on the fence.

As often is the case in this foul entitled and angry British bubble we dwell in, it’s polarised. Loads are too positive just as loads as too negative, and each shall clash with each other without taking a step back.

Join me with the coolest cats on the fence.

I'm probably leaning to the negative side rather than sitting right in the middle of the fence. I think Saturday was a real mixed bag. We didn't play badly at all, but it's very frustrating to be very competitive against a good side, but still not look like scoring. The overall positives were let down by the glaring problem at centre forward. You can't expect to win many games at this level with our forward options, and that doesn't change a whole lot by signing midfielders and defenders.

I'm probably leaning to the negative side rather than sitting right in the middle of the fence. I think Saturday was a real mixed bag. We didn't play badly at all, but it's very frustrating to be very competitive against a good side, but still not look like scoring. The overall positives were let down by the glaring problem at centre forward. You can't expect to win many games at this level with our forward options, and that doesn't change a whole lot by signing midfielders and defenders.
If you sit on the fence you can play both sides which is really handy, and if Everton get beat you can both make the negatives more angry and blame the over positives for allowing the club to get away with it. Join us TT.

So what you’re saying is it didn’t work, just to be clear.
We didn't achieve the basic goal for that season, much less the stretch goal. We took a risk, came up snake eyes on injuries and lost.

Ancelotti's results in the second half would be more than enough for present objectives. 26 points over 19 games -> 52 points over 38 = midtable.

If Forest go down they’ll be absolutely screwed. Never seen a team spend anything like it coming straight up.

Making a big gamble mate, revenue gets turbo boosted from a Championship Budget to PL - they also have the guarantee of parachute payments which they haven't before - but things get tricky for them if they go down, they will need to cut costs and back themselves to sell what they have signed.

Transfer window isn't closed yet and signing a quality CF that improves us is probably the hardest position to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.