Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If bringing a striker in is dependent on Chelsea and Broja, Id rather we move on. Had a decent season last year, but i dont think he was close to good enough to merit the hype this window. Putting our search on hold for someone who might not bring what we need seems silly. He scored 6 goals last season, 1 assist. At the same age Rom scored 17 and assisted 7 for Westbrom and they are supposed to cost about the same.
Unless Broja brings something to the table im not aware of(very possible, havent watched him much) I really dont understand why we would be so set on bringing him here.

Transfer window isn't closed yet and signing a quality CF that improves us is probably the hardest position to fill.

There is still time, but I find it remarkable that we haven't replaced Richarlison yet. We sold him on 30 June and it's now 11 August. The manager is going into another match with virtually no chance of getting a win because he has league 1 levels of forward options.

We are about to go into another meaningful league match without a capable centre forward.

What's the excuse this week?

The narrative around our business makes no sense to me so far. Things might change but at the minute, the squad is weaker and has no goals whatsoever. People must be very easily pleased.

How is the squad weaker? because we lost Richarlison?

If bringing a striker in is dependent on Chelsea and Broja, Id rather we move on. Had a decent season last year, but i dont think he was close to good enough to merit the hype this window. Putting our search on hold for someone who might not bring what we need seems silly. He scored 6 goals last season, 1 assist. At the same age Rom scored 17 and assisted 7 for Westbrom and they are supposed to cost about the same.
Unless Broja brings something to the table im not aware of(very possible, havent watched him much) I really dont understand why we would be so set on bringing him here.

If we are actually waiting on Broja then I think we've got it badly wrong.

We needed the forward before the start of the season for a start, and the lad is nowhere near good enough for us to put our eggs in that basket.

There is still time, but I find it remarkable that we haven't replaced Richarlison yet. We sold him on 30 June and it's now 11 August. The manager is going into another match with virtually no chance of getting a win because he has league 1 levels of forward options.

It isn't easy to replace him and we cant say we haven't strengthened because we have. We need goals which is obvious but not an easy position to fill and we cant get it wrong. Dennis does seem an obvious choice but who knows what options we are looking at. None of us seen the Onana transfer happening, same with McNeil.

We didn't achieve the basic goal for that season, much less the stretch goal. We took a risk, came up snake eyes on injuries and lost.

Ancelotti's results in the second half would be more than enough for present objectives. 26 points over 19 games -> 52 points over 38 = midtable.
Yeah it would. I think there's a couple of issues with assuming we could do that again though, one is the fact we no longer have a number of the players who were most likely to produce a moment of magic to get us those rare goals, and the other is that there is a crowd in now, and just sitting back at Goodison will not go down well with them. Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant really, it's just a fact.

We're not going to be the most entertaining and attacking side in the league which is fine, but I still think the balance is way off at the moment. One or two additions and the side will look as good it has for a while, but at the moment I still feel like it's very much in bottom 6 territory.

Weaker in one position agreed but id take our current squad over last seasons.

At the end of the window I will hopefully agree with you. But at the minute, give me Richarlison with last year's squad over the current squad every day of the week.

Our lack of threat last week against a totally average Chelsea side was unacceptable, and was nothing to do with the manager or his tactics. He just isn't being provided the tools to do his job.

sign Dembele please Kev. Complete this transfer window incommings (apart from Gana which will be done last min I suspect) then get rid of as much of the dross as you can.

Just can't see the camara link as real. From cheap 32 year old proven at an impasse so we move for big money big potential young star?

Makes me wonder if Camara is our long term target and that we are accelerating plans perhaps.
The thing is, Gana isn't cheap. The widely rumoured fee of £8m, over a 2-year contract, Is £4m per year on the accounts (in reality, we might pay £1m in year 1 and £7m in year 2, or any other combination reaching £8m). Given his age that's £8m that cannot be recovered via future sale.

Camara for £25m on a 5 year deal works out to £5m per year for the accounts. Yes that's higher per year, but as long as the wages for Camara are lower by £1m per year than they are for Gana, the overall accounting hit is the same. If the difference in wages is MORE than £1m per year then Camara is more "affordable" on a year by year comparison.

The kicker is this: Camara is 22. If he doesn't succeed then you sell him in 2 years and get some of your money back. If he succeeds then you sell him in three years for a tidy profit.

I'd deffo take Gana on loan. I'd take him on a permanent for a nominal fee, like £2m or something. But £8m is really close to too much UNLESS he's happy to sign for about £60k per week (£3m per year).

Gerrard seems to channeling his inner benitez falling out with players
He's a joke.

The praise he gets for winning 1 trophy out of 9 in a 2-team league is bizzare.

Falling out with players, making the limited yard dog McGinn captain (Who then tries to maim a teenager in a friendly).

He will fail at villa, badly. The only disappointment I have is that he won't get a chance to fail at Greyskull.

He'll be in the pub wearing his piss stained jeans supping lager with 'Aldo' in 10 years.
Transfer window isn't closed yet and signing a quality CF that improves us is probably the hardest position to fill.
But as we get closer to the end of the window the picture regarding surplus players becomes clearer.

It's not ideal seeing as we're desperate, but it's generally the leading teams that do business early.

We'll get somebody in at a decent level, hopefully next week but it could easily drag on.

Status
Not open for further replies.