Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably we need two strikers. Looking at the squad Rondon is a sub for ten-fiteen minutes at best, DCL injured. Alli can do a job there but you need more mobility

@bluestevon @Neiler just been reading your chat in here.

I'd say Onana + Gallagher would be an excellent pair in central midfield.

Something similar to the old Vieira/Petit partnership on paper.

Gallagher imo is worth £40mil. By 'worth' i mean worth to Everton as someone to hold onto long term.

Holgate and Keane should both go but I'd get rid of Holgate now while he's still young and can get a bit of money for him. Like Davies he's shown flashes of ability but nowhere near enough to show they can cut it at this level consistently.
Nobody is gone pay "money" for Holgate. Everton will have to pay to get rid of him. The same for Gomes, Gbamin, Mina...

We if we wanted could easily sell Holgate mate, and I mean very easily
Yeah, I know we’re conditioned to only see the worst in our own players but he’s still young but experienced at the same time, a mobile CB and can fill in a couple of other positions as well. Even though he’s not brilliant in the PL market I’d still want 10-15 to him.

Injuries and we are back to adding one of the keystone cops as a replacement but
I dont see that as being an issue with that back line. I reckon Keane, Godfrey, Holgate would all play much better with an experienced, confident CB next to them telling them when to stick or twist. If it were Mina who got injured, yiu are bringing in (say) Godfrey to play with Tarks and Coady constantly giving him instructions.

Assuming we can keep Yerry fit
Yeah, I know we’re conditioned to only see the worst in our own players but he’s still young but experienced at the same time, a mobile CB and can fill in a couple of other positions as well. Even though he’s not brilliant in the PL market I’d still want 10-15 to him.
Which is madness.

And I totally agree we should be looking for 15.

Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.