Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an article about how Everton want to make a 'comprehensive player database' and thought - great they are finally doing scouting properly.

Turns out it's to be the largest database of ex-Everton players. Excellent for when we need to appoint new coach or other backroom staff!

In the same way we could have been subject to the same treatment, so in this instance I’m glad there were no sanctions.

I do agree that the latitude extended to those clubs that were instrumental in the super league fiasco is so overt that it’s nauseating.
Yeah, that’s fair enough I suppose. Ironically, despite my rant about Chelsea if you were a Chelsea fan you’d be foaming at the mouth being gazumped repeatedly by Barcelona, who are openly trying to shaft their own players like de Jong out of money, owe money all over Europe yet somehow aren’t under a transfer ban til they sort it out.

Yeah, that’s fair enough I suppose. Ironically, despite my rant about Chelsea if you were a Chelsea fan you’d be foaming at the mouth being gazumped repeatedly by Barcelona, who are openly trying to shaft their own players like de Jong out of money, owe money all over Europe yet somehow aren’t under a transfer ban til they sort it out.
Yeah, I’ve went from really admiring Barcelona and loving watching them play to being repulsed by how they operate with what seems like impunity.

Blimey.
Five subs benefits the teams with bigger squads again. They can keep bringing on quality until something gives
I honestly don't understand why the club's outside the scab six accepted the rule.

It's abundantly clear that it will increase the gap between the rich and less rich.

The RS bringing on 3 subs at once at the San Siro completely changed the game.

I don’t get the Gilmour thing at all. I think people went big really early on him and are afraid to have to backpedal a bit. What is Thomas Tuchel missing that random poster A from GOT has spotted?
Well in fairness it’s a very different prospect not being good enough for Chelsea’s midfield when they’re about to throw £70m+ at Barca for de Jong just for the sake of it compared to us where we legitimately have not had a midfield in years.

The fact is he’s not good enough for Chelsea now, he might be in future and if he’s good enough for Chelsea at any point he’s more than good enough for us.

I’d rather see him coming on in midfield than Davies, Gomes and Gbamin, would you not?

Well in fairness it’s a very different prospect not being good enough for Chelsea’s midfield when they’re about to throw £70m+ at Barca for de Jong just for the sake of it compared to us where we legitimately have not had a midfield in years.

The fact is he’s not good enough for Chelsea now, he might be in future and if he’s good enough for Chelsea at any point he’s more than good enough for us.

I’d rather see him coming on in midfield than Davies, Gomes and Gbamin, would you not?

He wasn’t good enough for Norwich either which renders that point redundant.

I totally agree, how many bit part squad players from top teams, move on and can't handle the fight? It's easier when all the other players are world class and you come in for the odd game.
My only problem, signing him is if he is a loan, does well and goes back. Like we are developing Chelsea's players for them. But I guess that's the gamble.
I think they wouldn’t mind getting rid of him permanently regardless but look at it this way, if he goes back to Chelsea because they want him then he must’ve done an unreal job on loan, which is obviously good for us.

Blimey.

I honestly don't understand why the club's outside the scab six accepted the rule.

It's abundantly clear that it will increase the gap between the rich and less rich.

The RS bringing on 3 subs at once at the San Siro completely changed the game.
Agreed. It was probably argued the contracted schedule due to the World cup would mean players would burn out so they need more subs but it only benefits the scum six, again.

What I don't get is, obviously there's the name as a pull, but most players are all about the dollar and surely if they aren't paying the wages, it might put you off a bit?

My father-in-law is a Baggies fan and apparently they stole a kid called Louie Barry and were supposed to pay £750k compensation. They have since sold him to Villa and have a sell on clause inserted, yet they haven't even paid WBA! It's a joke. Nice that the Spanish league are clamping down on them registering players a bit though.

What I don't get is, obviously there's the name as a pull, but most players are all about the dollar and surely if they aren't paying the wages, it might put you off a bit?

My father-in-law is a Baggies fan and apparently they stole a kid called Louie Barry and were supposed to pay £750k compensation. They have since sold him to Villa and have a sell on clause inserted, yet they haven't even paid WBA! It's a joke. Nice that the Spanish league are clamping down on them registering players a bit though.

They should be declared bankrupt and their assets sold off to pay all their outstanding debts - once that's done allow them re-entry into the Spanish c division

Yeah, I’ve went from really admiring Barcelona and loving watching them play to being repulsed by how they operate with what seems like impunity.
They are like a gambling addict who has done their brains but instead of stopping borrows more, ups the stakes, carries on and doesn’t care who gets hurt. “OK OK we’re in trouble but if we just buy Lewandowski he will win us the Champions League and it’ll all be fine”. Hopefully La Liga or UEFA stand up to them because they need an intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.