Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, would love him here, natural strong and good on the ball, last premier league season Scott Parker fell out with him so he didn’t play.
May be in the minority, but have always liked him. Really like him for what he is doing thus far this morning :)

Why would we sign him when we are on the verge of completing deals for 2 CM’s with defensive attributes
Because we will be looking to sell Gomes, Gbamin and Allan this summer?

Because after that we may well look to sell Davies and Doucoure during summer 2023?

Because Gana's age means he probably will only play here until summer 2024 / spring 2025?

Because the new rules allow five subs per game?

Plenty of reasons.

So with Gana and Onananana coming in, with potentially Coady(Cant see it myself) and potentially a Striker, that means we would need to offload 4 names from this list.

Who do people think it might be? Not who do you WANT it to be by the way, should cut down on the times Keane and Gomes are mentioned.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (3)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Rúben Vinagre
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)

Midfield (7)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (4)
Andros Townsend (HG)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

Gomes, Allan, Mina, Niels are my 4 names.
Gomes, Holgate, Allan, Niels

I dont see that as being an issue with that back line. I reckon Keane, Godfrey, Holgate would all play much better with an experienced, confident CB next to them telling them when to stick or twist. If it were Mina who got injured, yiu are bringing in (say) Godfrey to play with Tarks and Coady constantly giving him instructions.
I'm actually of the opinion our centre halves were totally sold down the river by our inept midfield last season: if you can't retain OR regain the ball in midfield the constant pressure on your centre halves will eventually lead to mistakes that make them look bad. Adequately protected by a decent midfield and I think our current line up of centre backs is actually pretty decent, and certainly better than last season made them look.

Status
Not open for further replies.