Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmour I'm certain will arrive mate

Law yesterday (whose as good as gospel regarding Lampard) suggested Lampard sees him as thriving in a midfield that surrounds him with physical hard working players.

Said a whilst ago I think we are doing deals logically

We like Gilmour and want him - but know we need certain types of players around him for it to work.

Previously we'd have brought Gilmour in, not got those players and he'd flop.

Now we seem to be going ok, get in the players needed THEN we can get Gilmour.

Smart way to build a squad.

Its an awful lot of central midfielders at the club mate, perhaps we have deals lined up for Gomes and Gbamin, in addition to Delph leaving.

But that leaves us with potentially:

Allan,
Doucoure,
Davies
Onana,
Gilmour
Idrissa

If the two lads dont leave we have load of central midfield players and the double G's are sucking about 170k combined a week, with two years left on their deals.

Ive no objection to the signings, just that i never like just building layers and layers, of players - its awful waste - hopefully we have deals lined up for the Double G's.

Law yesterday (whose as good as gospel regarding Lampard) suggested Lampard sees him as thriving in a midfield that surrounds him with physical hard working players.

We like Gilmour and want him - but know we need certain types of players around him for it to work.

I agree with your thinking but if that's really going to happen we probably need to lose at least 2 midfielders from the current squad, more likely 3. Assuming we were going to play a midfield 3 (which is by no means certain) of the 3 newbies, that would leave Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies and Gbamin on the fringes. I don't think we can afford to have those sort of wages not contributing - and we might not even be able to fit them all in the PL squad list - but I'm not sure how much interest there's likely to be in some of them.

Coady o_O

Do we really need another CB at this point?
Depends if one or two of Holgate, Keane and Mina are off I guess.

Though it seems strange we have been scrambling for deals with payment schemes and today are linked to what would be two big money deals. Can't see either happening but it is bizarre.

Oh for sure, I said earlier if Lampard really wants a back 4 then signing Coady would be bonkers. Useless at it.

Worried for your club this season; reckon it's going to be a right struggle.
Yeah we've got a good XI but the squad is atrocious.

I'm far less certain than I was a week ago - if Gueye and Onana arrive, they're both deeper lying players in a midfield which is what Gilmour is. As much as I would like Gilmour here, I don't see it now tbh

A 433 with Gilmour, Onana and Gueye has precious little creativity in it and nobody really joining the attack

I say this as a big Gilmour admirer, but I'm now struggling to see this happening

Its an awful lot of central midfielders at the club mate, perhaps we have deals lined up for Gomes and Gbamin, in addition to Delph leaving.

But that leaves us with potentially:

Allan,
Doucoure,
Davies
Onana,
Gilmour
Idrissa

If the two lads dont leave we have load of central midfield players and the double G's are sucking about 170k combined a week, with two years left on their deals.

Ive no objection to the signings, just that i never like just building
ers and layers, of players - its awful waste - hopefully we have deals lined up for the Double G's.
I agree with your thinking but if that's really going to happen we probably need to lose at least 2 midfielders from the current squad, more likely 3. Assuming we were going to play a midfield 3 (which is by no means certain) of the 3 newbies, that would leave Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Davies and Gbamin on the fringes. I don't think we can afford to have those sort of wages not contributing - and we might not even be able to fit them all in the PL squad list - but I'm not sure how much interest there's likely to be in some of them.

I agree mate, I fully expect both Gbanim and Gomes to be moved on (sale if we can loan otherwise) also think Allan will be going too, think soon as Gueye signs we'll green light a move for him.

Iwobi I think is guaranteed to stay and agree as he's a good option and can cover 2-3 positions too. Davies may be shifted if there's any interest if we do bring in all three.

Dacoure pretty certain he's staying but if someone put an offer in think we'd listen to it maybe

I'm far less certain than I was a week ago - if Gueye and Onana arrive, they're both deeper lying players in a midfield which is what Gilmour is. As much as I would like Gilmour here, I don't see it now tbh

A 433 with Gilmour, Onana and Gueye has precious little creativity in it and nobody really joining the attack

I say this as a big Gilmour admirer, but I'm now struggling to see this happening
I'd agree with this, Gallagher would be a much better fit with Onana and Gana. Unlikely to get him though now.

Would’ve surprised if there’s anything in the Coady rumours. Unless we could shift Holgate or Mina(a glorified cheerleader is no good to us).

Status
Not open for further replies.