Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true that he let mane score on purpose because of his allegiance to liverpool and he wanted to see them win the league?
Those ****s aren't too fond of him after he did an outrageous dive to win a penalty there the other year. Unfortunately VAR rightly intervened.

To be fair to Coady, it's always the media that play up this Liverpool **** and we hate it. When he speaks for us he doesn't entertain any of that, he always says he's a Wolves fan, his kids are, the only thing they've known etc.

Not really creative accounting as such really but looking at the Onana deal, 30 million spread over a 5 year contract = 6 million a year, pay him 3 a year that’s 9mil on the books a year, yes it’s expensive but we got good money for Richy and plenty has come off in wages.

To emphasise the point re Gueye he’s likely on at least 4 a year so if PSG are holding out for the 8mil reported then over a two year contract that’s 8mil a year on the books, and nobody would really be questioning if we could afford it. The difference being only one gets you a sellable asset.

That’s why, if we have gone in for Onana instead rather than as well it may well be that the number crunchers have just decided that it’s a much better overall investment.
I was meaning Onana and Broja unless Chelsea are now agreeing to a loan for the latter?

Hes has very similar attributes and style of player as Doucoure mate i.e strong athletic, presence, running game etc, perhaps sits that more deeper.

Weirdly after our conversation yesterday, im thinking where is the progressive passing coming from. I kind of half presumed Gilmour was a given lol

Gilmour I'm certain will arrive mate

Law yesterday (whose as good as gospel regarding Lampard) suggested Lampard sees him as thriving in a midfield that surrounds him with physical hard working players.

Said a whilst ago I think we are doing deals logically

We like Gilmour and want him - but know we need certain types of players around him for it to work.

Previously we'd have brought Gilmour in, not got those players and he'd flop.

Now we seem to be going ok, get in the players needed THEN we can get Gilmour.

Smart way to build a squad.

Ain't he your captain?
He is but he won't play in a back four. He's been useless in pre-season in that formation so if we persist with it then he won't play.

With the World Cup he probably needs to be playing, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

He is but he won't play in a back four. He's been useless in pre-season in that formation so if we persist with it then he won't play.

With the World Cup he probably needs to be playing, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Oh for sure, I said earlier if Lampard really wants a back 4 then signing Coady would be bonkers. Useless at it.

Worried for your club this season; reckon it's going to be a right struggle.

You can't lose a game if you don't concede. While goals will win games, I suspect we're trying to get a solid spine that will mean we can compete in games.

Far too often, we were out muscled in the middle of the park, which meant our defence was put under more pressure and we couldn't feed our forwards.

I think it's sensible to strengthen there, and I suspect we'll sort the striking option before the window closes, with the DCL injury an unfortunate distraction.
As Alex Ferguson said, strikers win you games, defenders win you titles.

I may be being optimistic...

Status
Not open for further replies.