Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can afford him I really don’t think we should get Gueye as well. No matter what PSG want for him (and they’ll want something) when you add it to his wages it’s an expensive investment for two years of a guy hitting 33. Added to the cost of Onana it’s a lot to spend on non-creative players when we still have creative needs to fill.

Gueye on his own I’d take as a stopgap but if we sign Onana there isn’t so much of a gap. It may also be that the club have added up the cost of the Gueye deal, money we won’t recoup, and realised it’s false economy compared with investing in a younger player.
Personally think getting the 2 would be the perfect scenario. Onana learns from 1 of the best and has time to transition in. Would, for once, seem like a strategic forward thinking move.

Am not convinced it'll happen purely down to the financial situation, but if we managed to get Onana and Gana in, along with a striker on loan - along side our other signings I would be pretty happy.

I didn't think I would say that for this transfer window.
“Pretty happy”…?

The Naitch would be off to space mountain celebrating like it was 1999.

Would be an amazing window.

Woooo!

If we can afford him I really don’t think we should get Gueye as well. No matter what PSG want for him (and they’ll want something) when you add it to his wages it’s an expensive investment for two years of a guy hitting 33. Added to the cost of Onana it’s a lot to spend on non-creative players when we still have creative needs to fill.

Gueye on his own I’d take as a stopgap but if we sign Onana there isn’t so much of a gap. It may also be that the club have added up the cost of the Gueye deal, money we won’t recoup, and realised it’s false economy compared with investing in a younger player.
Agree entirely with this and most particularly for a side that has an even bigger goals crisis than previously.

We now need minimum of one DM + one forward with no hard luck stories or excuses.

If they can do that with more on top then great but then you stop to think and realise it's Everton we're talking about.

It will be jangled nerves in either case as I don't expect forward cover to be sorted until the last minute but it would be so Everton to sign Onana & Gueye and be scrambling for a striker on loan at 10pm on September 1st.

Personally think getting the 2 would be the perfect scenario. Onana learns from 1 of the best and has time to transition in. Would, for once, seem like a strategic forward thinking move.
If we can get a striker and a more creative midfielder too, then sure. But even as a “cheap” option Gana does cut significantly into the budget for doing so.

If this bids true, which it seems it may be, then alongside Gueye is a must, this lads 20 and whilst a complete and utter unit is inexperienced and it shows watching his clips, he'd need someone alongside him with quality and experience to learn from - Gueye fits that bill perfectly.

If this bids true I fully expect Gilmour 100% to be brought in too. Alongside the workrate and physicality of Gueye and Onyana you could play Gilmour in a 3 with ease.

Matt Law who has great Chelsea/Lampard connections pretty much said the same thing yesterday about Gilmour
Agreed, think we’ll add Gilmour on loan and probably go with Batman for about £10mill (which won’t please everyone but I think is a decent backup to DCL). Alternatively we buy Gilmour £15m and loan Broja

That would mean:
McNeil - £18m
Gana - £8m
Onana - £33m
Vinagre - loan
Gilmour - loan
Batshuyi- £10m
Tarkowski - free

Total £69milion offset by Richie £60 and anything we can get for gomes/Gbamin etc

If it turns out anything like that I think we can start to believe the club are starting to act with a little bit more sense and strategy. Would be a v good window for Thelwell in the circumstances/circus.

Onana and Broja now being linked, either this is fanciful reporting, Bills found the Arteta money (plus the interest) or they have discovered some new veery creative accounting formula!
Not really creative accounting as such really but looking at the Onana deal, 30 million spread over a 5 year contract = 6 million a year, pay him 3 a year that’s 9mil on the books a year, yes it’s expensive but we got good money for Richy and plenty has come off in wages.

To emphasise the point re Gueye he’s likely on at least 4 a year so if PSG are holding out for the 8mil reported then over a two year contract that’s 8mil a year on the books, and nobody would really be questioning if we could afford it. The difference being only one gets you a sellable asset.

That’s why, if we have gone in for Onana instead rather than as well it may well be that the number crunchers have just decided that it’s a much better overall investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.