Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s everywhere now, all the reliable journalists are saying we’ve made the same bid and stumped up the cash. What will be interesting now is to see how quickly we can get this done. One thing that seems different so far under Thelwell, is that deals have been completed pretty quickly after this kind of stuff has hit the media bar Gueye possibly.

To be honest the lad is probably smart to pick here over the bench at West Ham. They have two very good midfielders in Soucek and Rice who already fit their system, so he would be probably looking at cups and conference league games in the short term. He comes here and plays within a fortnight, and unless he has a stinker, he's going to stay in the side and develop.

He looks a good player, but my concern is if we spend all the budget on a midfielder when we have zero goals in the side. I can't get excited about any other moves while we have no fit centre forward. Why is that not top priority if we genuinely have £30m to spend? It's two days before the season starts and the points on Saturday are worth exactly the same as every other week, it's almost like we have written off August and accepted a woeful start is inevitable.

To be honest the lad is probably smart to pick here over the bench at West Ham. They have two very good midfielders in Soucek and Rice who already fit their system, so he would be probably looking at cups and conference league games in the short term. He comes here and plays within a fortnight, and unless he has a stinker, he's going to stay in the side and develop.

He looks a good player, but my concern is if we spend all the budget on a midfielder when we have zero goals in the side. I can't get excited about any other moves while we have no fit centre forward. Why is that not top priority if we genuinely have £30m to spend? It's two days before the season starts and the points on Saturday are worth exactly the same as every other week, it's almost like we have written off August and accepted a woeful start is inevitable.
I think for a striker we are aiming for Borja on loan. Would make the most sense financially

Maybe we have more money than we think. We needed a striker/forward anyway, so you'd like to think that's already budgeted for alongside the 2 midfielders, winger and CB we needed.

Think if we get Onana, West Ham will buy Broja. If not....Broja goes on loan somewhere...

Not getting my hopes up, but think we will end up with:

Onana
Gueye
Dennis
Broja (done at end of the window)

Add this to:

Tarkowski
Vinagre
McNeil

Then maybe a few more outs:

Gomes
Keane
Holgate

Already shut of some deadwood.

This would be an amazing window if possible.

Not even Everton are stupid enough to spend every last penny on ( a much needed ) new midfield when we also desperately need a striker.

I have no idea where the money is coming from or how the PL are agreeing to it but I have to believe we have a striker lined up even if only on loan.

If we get Gana and Onana there must be exits for Gomes and Allan.

It’s everywhere now, all the reliable journalists are saying we’ve made the same bid and stumped up the cash. What will be interesting now is to see how quickly we can get this done. One thing that seems different so far under Thelwell, is that deals have been completed pretty quickly after this kind of stuff has hit the media bar Gueye possibly.

I think Gueye is slightly different as we know the player only wants to move to us, so there's no 'rush' on it due to competition for him. So it's worth negotiating longer to get the financially best deal for us

The club aren't going to spend big on a striker now, especially with DCL still here and the desperate need for midfielders. I see us getting a striker in on loan and then revisiting that position next summer. I know we desperately need goals but I don't think the club are in the position to spend what funds we have on a striker when we still have DCL (i know he is injured but the club is saying a month out) and Rondon back up and only play with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.