Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Everton are stupid enough to spend every last penny on ( a much needed ) new midfield when we also desperately need a striker.

I have no idea where the money is coming from or how the PL are agreeing to it but I have to believe we have a striker lined up even if only on loan.

If we get Gana and Onana there must be exits for Gomes and Allan.
No they really are…that stupid

That said he needs to actually sign first.

No they really are…that stupid

That said he needs to actually sign first.
We are the team that had loads of defenders so signed two more, plenty of wingers so signed one of them aswell, we have loads of midfielders so we’ll probably sign one of them aswell.
They may have been needed and are better than what we have, but if we have no one up top then we ain’t going to be scoring many goals.

We are the team that had loads of defenders so signed two more, plenty of wingers so signed one of them aswell, we have loads of midfielders so we’ll probably sign one of them aswell.
They may have been needed and are better than what we have, but if we have no one up top then we ain’t going to be scoring many goals.
Loads of poor defenders.
Loads of poor midfielders

If we're dealing with Chelsea, which is widely reported, they won't want to sell us Batshuayi early so he can't start against them on Saturday and there's no point in us signing Broja on loan early because he wouldn't be able to start anyway. Just have a little patience in regards to the centre-forward pursuit. There's obviously irons in the fire.

If we're dealing with Chelsea, which is widely reported, they won't want to sell us Batshuayi early so he can't start against them on Saturday and there's no point in us signing Broja on loan early because he wouldn't be able to start anyway. Just have a little patience in regards to the centre-forward pursuit. There's obviously irons in the fire.
Whilst I agree with your logic I'm not so confident about the "obviously " bit.

Also , why do we only have to consider Chelsea reserve strikers?

It's interesting we haven't used either domestic loan yet. I suspect we are hoping to move a few out. I can see Broja and another loaned in.

We also have fans who would complain if we bought a Richarlison replacement with his money and couldn’t afford any defenders or midfielders to upgrade the shower we currently have.

Can’t do both, I imagine.

You can't lose a game if you don't concede. While goals will win games, I suspect we're trying to get a solid spine that will mean we can compete in games.

Far too often, we were out muscled in the middle of the park, which meant our defence was put under more pressure and we couldn't feed our forwards.

I think it's sensible to strengthen there, and I suspect we'll sort the striking option before the window closes, with the DCL injury an unfortunate distraction.

Whilst I agree with your logic I'm not so confident about the "obviously " bit.

Also , why do we only have to consider Chelsea reserve strikers?

OK, the obviously part may or may not turn out to be hyperbole on my part.

Neither of us know if we're only considering Chelsea strikers, do we? That's just what's leaked out. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've been linked to Ajorque from Strasbourg recently, too, so the non-Chelsea links are appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.