Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me one word the lad ever said against any gay person.mate?

He didn't even make this into anything and tried to keep his own personal views private - it's the media who whipped it up into something more than it is.

His own personal views are exactly that, his, and think the entire idea of a LGBT fixture day is frankly laughable.

This is from the sport that apparently has zero gay players in essence, st least none come out whilst playing - demographics show that there must be hundred across the game. Demographics also show that a good proportion of the players wearing that kit showing support probably have some degree of homophobia, least Gueye isn't a hypocrite in that regards.

Sport is often Saud not to be the place for politics or political statements (players get fined and suspensions for making them in game, the french thing is all about political correctness - which mskes the entire thing just a show.

He refused to play two years on the run, the second of which went public.

Supposedly 5% of the worlds population is gay. By the law of averages that means someone in the PSG squad is gay.

Actions like that are why people are afraid to come out. The reality is, people deserve freedom to be themselves and actions like that help nobody.

I'm not too excited about the linked transfers this week, but on the other hand I'd be annoyed if some other club outside the Sky6 got them. I don't want them, but I don't want anyone else to have them!

Show me one word the lad ever said against any gay person.mate?

He didn't even make this into anything and tried to keep his own personal views private - it's the media who whipped it up into something more than it is.

His own personal views are exactly that, his, and think the entire idea of a LGBT fixture day is frankly laughable.

This is from the sport that apparently has zero gay players in essence, st least none come out whilst playing - demographics show that there must be hundred across the game. Demographics also show that a good proportion of the players wearing that kit showing support probably have some degree of homophobia, least Gueye isn't a hypocrite in that regards.

Sport is often Saud not to be the place for politics or political statements (players get fined and suspensions for making them in game, the french thing is all about political correctness - which mskes the entire thing just a show.

Nah, this isn't it Ste

One of those is an elite player who has had a fantastic career.
Lamina Kone though for mega money, would have been criminal, even for us.

Giroud is a fantastic player but I’d have hated to see him as the focal point for that 17/18 team. It was a horrible team with no pace at all until Allardyce brought DCL and Walcott into it.

Siggurdson Giroud Rooney upfront ahead of Klaassen Schneiderlin Gueye

Horrible

He refused to play two years on the run, the second of which went public.

Supposedly 5% of the worlds population is gay. By the law of averages that means someone in the PSG squad is gay.

Actions like that are why people are afraid to come out. The reality is, people deserve freedom to be themselves and actions like that help nobody.
Do these gestures really mean anything to anyone if the players are being coerced into going along with them against their wishes?

Do these gestures really mean anything to anyone if the players are being coerced into going along with them against their wishes?

I think the idea is that someone should be made to feel comfortable in who they are.

The same way a Muslim should be respected for their beliefs or a female should be.
So a person who’s gay should be allowed to feel comfortable, whether everyone agrees or not for me.

George Michael
Dwight McNeil
- Graeme Bailey

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie

Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb **Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Ross Barkley - siphillipssport ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBubbles ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Idrissa Gana Gueye - ElBubbles **

giphy.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski - Matt Law
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao
If somebody is really bored can they move all the players that have moved to the top of the list and tag me in, thanks.

I think the idea is that someone should be made to feel comfortable in who they are.

The same way a Muslim should be respected for their beliefs or a female should be.
So a person who’s gay should be allowed to feel comfortable, whether everyone agrees or not for me.
I think individual players should be free to show their support for causes whenever they want to (laces, armbands, poppies, etc), not just during the designated month. Those that don't are still bound by the same laws as everyone else when it comes to discrimination.

Pushing these corporate initiatives on to them just rings hollow to me.

Giroud is a fantastic player but I’d have hated to see him as the focal point for that 17/18 team. It was a horrible team with no pace at all until Allardyce brought DCL and Walcott into it.

Siggurdson Giroud Rooney upfront ahead of Klaassen Schneiderlin Gueye

Horrible
Koeman brought DCL through not Allardyce

I think individual players should be free to show their support for causes whenever they want to (laces, armbands, poppies, etc), not just during the designated month. Those that don't are still bound by the same laws as everyone else when it comes to discrimination.

Pushing these corporate initiatives on to them just rings hollow to me.

I don’t think initiatives should have to happen, I completely agree.

It’s 2022, where the majority of the world accepts homosexuality, whether they agree is different, but the majority accept it.

Meanwhile, modern day football has such a stigma over homosexuality that these initiatives are made until it becomes “normalised”.

Status
Not open for further replies.