Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could add Broja and Gueye it would make an ok window. I'm deeply concerned about the lack of goals in this squad. Don't see us signing more than two more on top of McNeill.
Think I'm more worried that we still haven't signed any midfielders when we need 3 and we are about to sign our 3rd left winger despite having no right wingers.

He didn’t have him in his first 11 though at the start of 17/18, his favoured forward line was Siggurdson Rooney Sandro

When Allardyce came in he moved Rooney into midfield and played DCL through the middle a bit more
Until he signed tosun and then DCL got benched or shoved out wide. Koeman only played him on the wing twice that season and generally started him as a CF or SS.

I don’t think initiatives should have to happen, I completely agree.

It’s 2022, where the majority of the world accepts homosexuality, whether they agree is different, but the majority accept it.

Meanwhile, modern day football has such a stigma over homosexuality that these initiatives are made until it becomes “normalised”.
I'm not sure if the majority of the world does (as in, I actually don't know).

I also think that these things eventually reach the point of diminishing returns. In this case, nobody would have a clue about Gana's beliefs if he'd never been told to wear the rainbow paraphernalia, because the law prevents him from acting on them.

Having said all that, I didn't really think too much of him the first time around, so perhaps I should step back and see if the activists can get this cancelled.

Last edited:
I think individual players should be free to show their support for causes whenever they want to (laces, armbands, poppies, etc), not just during the designated month. Those that don't are still bound by the same laws as everyone else when it comes to discrimination.

Pushing these corporate initiatives on to them just rings hollow to me.
While I disagree with Gueye's view, perspective is important: his view is barely a generation out of date here in UK/EU, and sadly it's still prevalent elsewhere.

I've not really read into with too much detail, but as he discriminated against someone? If it's a view, it's something we need to educate him and others on.

If we could add Broja and Gueye it would make an ok window. I'm deeply concerned about the lack of goals in this squad. Don't see us signing more than two more on top of McNeill.
Think we may. But I think we may see a couple come in quickly, e.g. Broja and Gueye and a few more at the end when other teams may make players available for loans or accept cheaper bids, or indeed we manage to shift some or our own trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.