Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moody this.

Fella believes a portion of our fanbase shouldn't exist/be happy in their ways but its sound because he's not Allan? Nah.

Do better.
Wowzas just dived out the mcneil thread to get air only to land up on this one. It's definitely one of the most opinionated forums in world football this one. The club has destroyed its own fans sanity.

Moody this.

Fella believes a portion of our fanbase shouldn't exist/be happy in their ways but its sound because he's not Allan? Nah.

Do better.
Did he say that? Or have other people made that allegation at him? He is from a country with very strict anti lgbt laws with severe punishments. I would assume most of his family still live there and there would be potential backlash.

There's more to it then just ''he refused to wear a shirt so is homophobic and doesn't want a portion of our fans to exist".

If he does believe that then we need nothing to do with him and hopefully he can go out and learn and change. But there are lots of factors involved that are out of our and his control. An ingrained belief that has been indoctrinated from birth is incredibly difficult to change.

As if we can be turning our noses up at Gueye. I can’t be arsed having an argument with those that are intolerant towards diversity of thought, but Gueye hasn’t broken any law. He hasn’t gay bashed anyone, he’s just refused to wear a kit designed by Rod, Jane and Freddy. The idea that you can start depriving people of employment because they decline to wear a costume of somebody else’s choosing is actually quite troubling tbh. I’ve always been against authoritarianism, it reminds me too much of bullying!
He isn't being deprived of employment, he has employment, and no-one has called for him to be sacked from it. But at the same time we are perfectly entitled to not sign a player who is incompatible with the values of the club.

And he wears a costume of somebody else's choosing literally every day, that's his job. If he declined to wear a PSG shirt because he got served a bad meal on Qatar Airways they'd sack him. He'll happily wear a gambling sponsor even though that too is forbidden by his religion but draws the line at a rainbow. That's hypocrisy as well as bigotry.

Our club produced a shirt in support of inclusivity last season and presumably will this. For me it's quite simple: ask him if he will have any issues wearing it when we do and if he does it's no thanks.

Did he say that? Or have other people made that allegation at him? He is from a country with very strict anti lgbt laws with severe punishments. I would assume most of his family still live there and there would be potential backlash.

There's more to it then just ''he refused to wear a shirt so is homophobic and doesn't want a portion of our fans to exist".

If he does believe that then we need nothing to do with him and hopefully he can go out and learn and change. But there are lots of factors involved that are out of our and his control. An ingrained belief that has been indoctrinated from birth is incredibly difficult to change.

Didn't you already delete this post once before?

He isn't being deprived of employment, he has employment, and no-one has called for him to be sacked from it. But at the same time we are perfectly entitled to not sign a player who is incompatible with the values of the club.

And he wears a costume of somebody else's choosing literally every day, that's his job. If he declined to wear a PSG shirt because he got served a bad meal on Qatar Airways they'd sack him. He'll happily wear a gambling sponsor even though that too is forbidden by his religion but draws the line at a rainbow. That's hypocrisy as well as bigotry.

Our club produced a shirt in support of inclusivity last season and presumably will this. For me it's quite simple: ask him if he will have any issues wearing it when we do and if he does it's no thanks.

Do you speak for Everton Football Club? Does Everton FC support your intolerance? I’m not sure they do, at all.

As others have stated, he's worn gambling and alcohol sponsors previously - which are banned in his religion - but had no issues there?

But thanks for playing
I asked two questions didn't I? Asking questions normally means I dont have the answer.

Thanks for being condescending.

Just relegate us now.

I am just utterly, utterly outraged.

Yet, if we are going to buy from Burnley, we won't pay Cornet's release fee supposedly.

So, is McNeil is to be our Richarlison replacement?? A player who does not score, does not assist, has no pace and no stamina. This will actually overtake Tosun as the worst signing we have ever made. I am beyond livid. It is better to not sign anyone than sign a player this bad ????????

I'm with ya ! Proper boiled my piss this

Status
Not open for further replies.