Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simms and Broadhead seem nailed on as they were given no game time. Absence of Gomes is a strange one: no mention of injury, but if no transfer is pending why was he not given any game time. Unless Lampard has really told him to f&^%$$ off
There is interest from Seville.

He's been touted on here plenty, but I think now is the time for us to go get James Garner on loan. He's saying that he wants to play every week and doesn't have any interest in being a bit-part player, and he can't be loaned back to Nottingham Forest because Henderson is already on loan there. If we could get a buy option that would be ideal. I'd greatly prefer that to Winks or Gilmour from everything that I've read about Garner. I'm sure some others have seen him play more than I have as he featured heavily for Forest of course.

The number of delusional people in this thread thinking we have the money and the capability to improve the squad is laughable.
Last summer we were in financial dire straits and we had a nett spend of less than £2m. Despite cutting back on the spending the club have managed to get even further into financial dire straits so there's now literally nothing in the transfer budget.
Selling Richarlison for £50m was never going to give us money to spend. That's money to help balance the books. If we can sell 2 or 3 more player they'll help balance the books as well.
Any new signings are going to either have to be free, cheap or loans. Finding players to actually improve the squad with no money at all is a tough ask so I'm not sure why so many people are so confused about why we're having a quiet summer so far.
New players will come in eventually but none of them will be the lifesavers we need.
If Frank can keep us at least 6 points above the dropzone throughout the season I'll be happy.
2022/23 is not the season Everton are going to really make any improvements. We need a huge financial improvement before the team can be improved.
We're in for a tough few years but hopefully none as bad a last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.