Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's explaining why he sees him as a centre half. He's effectively saying he can have a career at the top playing centre half or a career in the championship playing midfield.

Yeah, that's how I read it and it's an opinion I would agree with

Godfrey is a tremendous athlete. He needs to develop some defensive stuff, not least his aerial presence but developing the required skills to play in midfield at the top level is practically impossible imo

Yes, but i think there was hope they might buy him early giving us funds this summer.

Not saying it was a wise thing to hope for, just that they were hoping. Once that didn't happen, well here we are.

It's a better deal for us if we wait until next summer, but our pressing needs mean it might be beneficial to bring it forward

Transfer deadline day
download (1).jpeg

It’s hard to tell if he’s being complimentary or saying no better than championship level

A good defender, great pace and aggression, but that's where it ends I'm afraid, I've seen him make really good runs on the ball, but like a lot of our team can't pass a ball for toffee. Most of his passes go backwards, a few sideways and that's it I'm afraid.

Seems to me that the rumours are switching to outgoings.

Gomes, Simms and Broadhead. Could generate £5-£10m for the transfer pot.
Simms and Broadhead seem nailed on as they were given no game time. Absence of Gomes is a strange one: no mention of injury, but if no transfer is pending why was he not given any game time. Unless Lampard has really told him to f&^%$$ off

It's a better deal for us if we wait until next summer, but our pressing needs mean it might be beneficial to bring it forward
Think the obligation is about 25 million, with another 3 due for this season’s loan fee. In our situation settling that for anything over 20 paid now is probably advisable: that’s probably the up front payment for two targets and the hit on the overall payment is far less than the hit of relegation if we don’t get players in now.

Simms and Broadhead seem nailed on as they were given no game time. Absence of Gomes is a strange one: no mention of injury, but if no transfer is pending why was he not given any game time. Unless Lampard has really told him to f&^%$$ off
Reports from some half reasonable sources that Sevilla want him if they can sell Joan Jordan to Espanyol

Think the obligation is about 25 million, with another 3 due for this season’s loan fee. In our situation settling that for anything over 20 paid now is probably advisable: that’s probably the up front payment for two targets and the hit on the overall payment is far less than the hit of relegation if we don’t get players in now.
Yeah about that. 4M€ is the loan fee for 22/23, already paid on July 1st. Was 3M€ for 21/22.

28M€ fee `at the end of the 22/23 season´...

Its an absolute abomination that we have been forced into this position by Moshiri though, where we are thinking of sacrificing good money to get a bit of credit in the bank to buy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.