Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it is fairly obvious we thought/hoped Juventus would go ahead and buy Kean. That or we thought we might get something for a combo of Allan, Gomes and/or Mina.

Short those things we simply have no money to pay fees under the league structure. Selling Richy got us out of the hole, but did not leave anything to spend. We are at ground zero.

Barring a sale I am guessing a free plus a couple of loans might be our lot. Maybe one buy if we can get someone to accept an IOU on the bulk of the payment.

Would guess Thelwell and Lampard are as frustrated as we are.

Juventus will buy Kean. At the end of this season. As agreed.

If we really are struggling to buy players, I would seriously consider converting Godfrey to a DM if we are struggling to play him as a CD...

He can tackle, he can pass the ball forward 5 metres, and he is quick and no need to head a ball too often...get into a ball playing midfielder and that person can do the Defence splitting passes...hopefully Frank can teach him to read the game and we could save ourselves a shedload of money.

Lets try converting him into a footballer first. he really is bang average, just a good athlete. He isn't the answer to our Midfield problems, he doesn't have the awareness to be a DM.

Lets try converting him into a footballer first. he really is bang average, just a good athlete. He isn't the answer to our Midfield problems, he doesn't have the awareness to be a DM.

His signing was odd tbh given we were heading very quickly to the sustainability cliff edge. Should have loaned a player in instead.

Unless the taps are turned on this week I think they've accepted another relegation campaign.

Decisions are being made here with small margins for error: no spending and hope that the manager can put a team spirit together in the way that a Brentford or Palace have. That's the plan until a sale.

We need to get our heads around this unfortunately.

TBH if this is the case then I'd be fine with it providing we was given a full update and some clarity.
Even 2 loans, if the right players can make a difference. Look at Brentford with Eriksson.
At least us fans would know what to expect in the season ahead.

I do think we will get 4 more players in tbh. 2 loans, 1 key player on a permanent and 1 panic buy on Deadline day. Also a few outgoings.

TBH if this is the case then I'd be fine with it providing we was given a full update and some clarity.
Even 2 loans, if the right players can make a difference. Look at Brentford with Eriksson.
At least us fans would know what to expect in the season ahead.

I do think we will get 4 more players in tbh. 2 loans, 1 key player on a permanent and 1 panic buy on Deadline day. Also a few outgoings.
Look at the difference loans made the season we loaned Rom, Barry, and Delofeou

IMG_20220725_151701_1.jpg

Sorry, he doesn't say 'at best'

Status
Not open for further replies.