Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walked into a relegation fight last season and when the club was in danger, the board were blind to it. Since the end of May there has been no reassurance it won't happen again and the chances of it happening are greater. There's no "three worse teams than us" this season, I look at Forest and believe they are stronger than us. Going into the new season with a very much weaker squad, what on earth is going on at this football club?
It's easy to calculate this: Everton last season + Tarkowski - Richarlison.

...are they really gambling on that equation?

They need driving into the Mersey with sticks.

I’ve been doing some YouTube scouting and reckon we should sign Lassina Traore from Shaktar. 6 goals in 7 for them before the war broke out and 17/7 goals for his country and is only 21. Surely worth the gamble of 8-10 million.
E569D375-A291-4F0F-B901-169A10FD9FB1.jpeg

Done this dance before

Seems to me that the rumours are switching to outgoings.

Gomes, Simms and Broadhead. Could generate £5-£10m for the transfer pot.

That Finch farm news claiming one in this week but hedges his bets mentioning four players(Cornet, Barkley, Broja, MGW).... Doesn't convince me he knows anything.
Was just thinking if it's one player coming in where would I want strengthening? Then realised I've got about 8 positions in my head where I think we actually do. I genuinely think the board are waiting to see how we get on in the first few games of the season and if things aren't 'going to plan' then to pull a few deadline day loans out filled with players who are frozen out of their squads (Harry Winks springs to mind). Problem is, this is what happened last season under Benitez. Started well then went downhill rapidly and couldn't bring anyone in. By January the board didn't know whether to stick or twist and it was too late to bring in players that any new manager wanted.

We need a huge injection of reliability. First and foremost get me a striker who'll play 30 games a year and knows where the net is (not likely!) and a midfielder who just runs and runs and runs and runs. Then look at the other 6 players we need!

Status
Not open for further replies.