Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember when Gana came back from the Afcon, he phoned it in for 12months afterwards, at 33 years old, he aint coming back from a World Cup fresh and ready to pull his tripe out, mentally he will clock out from Everton in November and never return.

We only need to wait 4months to see this unfold.
I don’t believe a Utd reserve can have better ability than Gana, at this moment anyway.

I remember when Gana came back from the Afcon, he phoned it in for 12months afterwards, at 33 years old, he aint coming back from a World Cup fresh and ready to pull his tripe out, mentally he will clock out from Everton in November and never return.

Probably right tbh. Could be another Schneiderlin

We also need to bear in mind that we are buying him for 24 months, he'll miss the first month of the season with the transfer saga, he's got the distraction of the World Cup AND if he doesn't retire from international footy likely will miss another month for AFCON in Jan '24. If he's free and on a reasonable wage I'd probably still take him but it shouldn't stop us shopping for a younger alternative too.

We want to, but United also want to sign Antony and Ajax don’t want to sell both even though they’re being selective with Kudus
Just find out even Anthony not starting Kudus is still on the bench. He only plays 29 mins in 5 games. If he pushes it we will get him.

He's been playing central midfield. How is that out of position
Chelsea play a 2 pivot midfield with 3 forward players in front. That is't his game. He needs to play at the head of a midfield 3 or as a number 10 in a 4231 or 442 diamond.

How many times have we constantly said that most of our midfielders can't play in a midfield 2 Tim?. I've lost count. This lad is no different.

Chelsea will need to change their system to get the best out of him and that isn't going to happen.

Chelsea play a 2 pivot midfield with 3 forward players in front. That is't his game. He needs to play at the head of a midfield 3 or as a number 10 in a 4231 or 442 diamond.

How many times have we constantly said that most of our midfielders can't play in a midfield 2 Tim?. I've lost count. This lad is no different.

Chelsea will need to change their system to get the best out of him and that isn't going to happen.

No point in us signing him then!

Status
Not open for further replies.