Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm wrong and there's more to the guy, but what I see there is a Championship player scoring goals against Championship defenders and goalkeepers that he wouldn't in the premier league.

DCL should be back 4-6 weeks but the games come thick and fast and we can't rely on DCL not getting another injury. Do we really think that guy has the quality to be a starting striker in the PL? That's the standard really, not "better than Rondon". Just my opinion but when you look at the other 19 teams, that guy would be among the worst starting strikers in the league.
You need different types of forwards though this guy looks more like the run in behind type so could play on a wing alongside a target man

Ok, so due to family, I went to all of Middlesbrough's home games from Boxing Day last year and this fella was easily the best forward that played at the Riverside in that time. So much so that Middlesbrough fans want the Tavernier and Spence money chucked at him to get promoted.

Strong as an Ox, good finisher and very good carrying the ball from deep too. My worry is that before last season he'd done nothing... And it was against championship defenders.

However, I think he could do a job for a decent premier League team.

I’d never heard of Gyokeres before, looking at the goals he scored last season, he didn’t get a single one with his head. We have sort of built a team around getting it wide and crossing.

Looks strong and fairly quick with the ball, goals remind of the ones richarlison scored.....

I quite like the look of him tbh showed a range of good finishes in that video and pace looked like he could play as a wide forward in a pressing system. Anyway I hope we are looking at a few

depends on the price for this lad. Would be a good back up solution if we bring another attacker in. but i assume Coventry wont sell cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.