Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't go down well here, but one of biggest highlights of this transfer window is the return of William Kenwright CBE to top of the table.

Some fans will never take to him. He has his flaws, but in terms of deal-making I think he's one of the best in the business. Everyone used to say how shrewd Moyes was with transfers. Well, Moyes used to say it was all down to his relationship with Kenwright and vice-versa.

This window has seen Moshiri take a backseat, and without other influences like quasi DOF/board directors and super agents, Thelwell & Lampard have set out a plan to spend what they earned from sales to fit a clear strategy - squeezing out every last drop - just as Kenwright and Moyes used to with Rodwell, Lescott sales.

Yes he puffs himself up a lot of the time, gets too excited and says silly quotes ('good times' etc) and fans will point to the lack of trophies during his tenure as Chairman, but ultimately if he has taken back the reins of the catastrophic transfer dealing since 2016 and steadies the ship until Bramley Moore Dock arrives in 2024. The game changes considerably from that point on and he will be remembered as the chairman who found the people to finance Everton's new home. Don't underestimate how important the new stadium will be to the next 50 years.
I was going to give this post the bird but it's so well written and well meaning that I just don't have the heart to do it so this will have to suffice.

?

We could of progressed sooner and without the constant worry about keeping our player or keeping our place in the league if he had left earlier and didn't insist he stayed on as chairman when he sold up.
Again though , I appreciate the positivity.

I think I watched a game the other day and he scored a lovely goal. Other than that, I know nothing about him.
from a Coventry fan I know

EFD7AD50-2161-48F5-885E-D0D7DEE0DE3F.jpeg

Can anyone tell me whether Broja is actually good? I probably don't watch as much football as a lot of people. I think I saw him play once for Southampton last season. He looked ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.