Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop what?

We have no idea when Calvert Lewin will be back, so we need a signing urgently.
Yes we do have an idea. Lampard said six weeks.

I think everyone at the club recognises the need to sign a striker. We will sign someone. If we have to wait a couple of weeks it won't be the end of the world though.

Biggest issues last season were thus:

1. The centre of defence was a disgrace.
2. We had zero support from central midfield ahead of the defence.

Now we have a new starter in defence in Tarkowski, and potentially looking at strengthening further in that position. And we're on the verge of signing two solid central midfielders.

I see that as identifying the issues and solving them so that we don't suffer the same fate this season.

Yet if we don't sort out the striking issue I still see us in a relegation fight.

Biggest issues last season were thus:

1. The centre of defence was a disgrace.
2. We had zero support from central midfield ahead of the defence.

Now we have a new starter in defence in Tarkowski, and potentially looking at strengthening further in that position. And we're on the verge of signing two solid central midfielders.

I see that as identifying the issues and solving them so that we don't suffer the same fate this season.

Yet if we don't sort out the striking issue I still see us in a relegation fight.
I dunno, with Dwight Sheedy and 10 players over 6 foot we will score about 60 from corners alone.

If Gana and Onana come in it means we don’t have to play Allan out of position anymore. Would keep.
If Gana and Onana arrive soon after Tarkowski, Vinagre and McNeil then we will have to loan out or sell a couple of big earners, otherwise the payroll will quickly become problematic.

Our wage to income ratio was catastrophic prior to the departure of Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kenny and Richarlison. We've trimmed between £330k and £400k p/w off the payroll by shifting those lads but Tarkowski and McNeil could be on anywhere between £100k and £150k p/w combined. If we add more faces (and I hope we do) then the payroll will grow. At a certain point we'll have to reduce it again.

Allan and Keane are on at least £70k p/w each; Gomes and Mina rumoured to both be in excess of £100k p/w. Realistically all four need to be sold if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.