Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ramping up now with Gana due, the Onana news and now reports of Coady. If we pull those deals off then – striker aside we have a squad with a bit of depth.

GK
Pickford
Begovic

RB
Patterson
Coleman

LB
Mykolenko
Vinagre

CB
Tarks
Coady
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Mina

CM
Gana
Onana
Doucoure
Allan
Davies
Iwobi

RW
McNeil
Townsend

LW
Gordon
Gray

ST
Dele
DCL

I’ve not included Rondon, Gbamin and Gomes as options because they are all absolutely useless.
I will be amazed if Mina makes half our games this season and I’m sure we’d sell him and probably one of Keane or Holgate if we had an offer.
We desperately need another striker and ideally one that can operate out wide because Townsend won’t be back this side of the world cup (Iwobi can fill in there too) and Dom is unlikely to be back before mid-September (assuming it’s a smooth recovery).
I do wonder if, knowing Chelsea will only allow Broja out on loan we’ve decided to put that money towards other areas like Onana. I still wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Batshuayi come in on a free too.

good squad but a bit bloated. Absolutely no need for 6 CB's, i'd bin Keane and/or Mina. Within CM bin Allan and Davies too. And Dele cannot be classed as a ST having never played as one in his career.

Despite all that, there's a real concerning lack of creativity in there. Not convinced any of those CM's have good passing on them.

Seeing Forest made another bid for MGW, wondering now if we will wait till they get an offer accepted then repeat what we've done with Onana and match it straight away ...

Sky's transfer show is amusing. Made it sound like West Ham are choosing to pull out of the Onana deal. The only mention of us was that we might be interested.

Went to O'connor outside Goodison and he just went on about Coady, mentioned Gana and said Everton will still be looking at another midfielder on top of that and a forward due to DCL's injury, but that all this is dependent on outgoings. Mentioned Mina as one who might go.

Either way, sounds like they have the Onana stuff down as a phantom bid ??

Status
Not open for further replies.