Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way to help P&S we don't need to sell mate, loan fees go straight into the profit column and % wages all go into reducing the % wages/income number.

So in essence say we receive three lots if 1.5-2m in fees and 50% wages paid. We'd reduce our wages by around 7m+ this season and recurve around 5.5m in loan fees which would for example psy for another McNeil deal with 1.5m left over on the P&S figures for the season
I wonder how we were ever going to pay ancelloti 12 mill a year if are finances are so bad .

My thought process is that we have heard off Chelsea that Broja is maybe only available for a loan.

So before this we may of been keeping money to one side for Broja (30-40m) and would go for Gilmour on loan.

Something has happened re:Chelsea which (either they don't want to sell Broja permanently, or Gilmour isn't available).

So we could be using the Broja money for Onana & then just loaning Broja?
Yeah, it's a very plausible theory that we've had an offer on the table for Broja on a permanent (as has been reported), the DCL injury has made us push for an answer, the answer is either a no or no but you can loan him, and we've shifted the budget onto Onana, who it sounds like was a long term target. just in time to try to head off West Ham.

My thought process is that we have heard off Chelsea that Broja is maybe only available for a loan.

So before this we may of been keeping money to one side for Broja (30-40m) and would go for Gilmour on loan.

Something has happened re:Chelsea which (either they don't want to sell Broja permanently, or Gilmour isn't available).

I'd be delighted if we add Gana/Onana & also get Broja in on loan..

Not if one/two of Holgate /Mina/ Keane is going. He at least understands a back five. I agree it's weird we appear to be targeting midfield and defence again before attack but we need it, we also don't know who we have lined up in forward areas really
Nah it would still be weird because of his age, his inability to play in a 4, the likely cost of it etc. Even if one or two of them were going he isn't the type of signing i'd expect us to make. Not saying it's not happening or that it would be terrible, but it would definitely be odd.

Today’s shenanigans…..

Lille midfielder Amadou Onana wants to join Everton over West Ham United according to The Guardian’s Fabrizio Romano.

Romano suggested on Wednesday 3 August (via Twitter) that the Hammers’ move for Onana is stalling because of his desire to move to Goodison Park this summer.

Furthermore, Belgian journalist Sacha Tavolieri reported (3 August, via Twitter) that Everton will exceed West Ham’s offer for Onana

Everton are interested in signing Wolverhampton Wanderers captain Conor Coady on the eve of the new season.

Coady is admired by Everton manager Frank Lampard and sporting director Kevin Thelwell - who held the same position at Wolves for a number of years before leaving in 2020. Wolves haven’t received any offers yet, but Everton could firm up their interest in Coady with a direct bid in the coming days. (Birmingham Mail)

Everton reportedly want to sign Wolves centre-back Conor Coady this summer as Frank Lampard eyes more defensive reinforcements.

According to Sky Sports news editor Alan Myers, the Toffees manager is an admirer of the 29-year-old England international.

Football journalist Simon Phillips expects the Everton move for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye to go ahead over the coming days.

Fabrizio Romano has reported that PSG want to get rid of Gueye, 32, before the end of the week, adding on Tuesday (2 August) that the Senegal midfielder is due to jet into Merseyside for a medical after agreeing terms with the Blues.

Yeah I've said similar a few times. Whoever the players involved are I think we've been looking at spending some money and getting some players in on loan, and working out who's going to be available for what has dictated what our business is going to be.

It's ramping up now with Gana due, the Onana news and now reports of Coady. If we pull those deals off then – striker aside we have a squad with a bit of depth.

GK
Pickford
Begovic

RB
Patterson
Coleman

LB
Mykolenko
Vinagre

CB
Tarks
Coady
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Mina

CM
Gana
Onana
Doucoure
Allan
Davies
Iwobi

RW
McNeil
Townsend

LW
Gordon
Gray

ST
Dele
DCL

I’ve not included Rondon, Gbamin and Gomes as options because they are all absolutely useless.
I will be amazed if Mina makes half our games this season and I’m sure we’d sell him and probably one of Keane or Holgate if we had an offer.
We desperately need another striker and ideally one that can operate out wide because Townsend won’t be back this side of the world cup (Iwobi can fill in there too) and Dom is unlikely to be back before mid-September (assuming it’s a smooth recovery).
I do wonder if, knowing Chelsea will only allow Broja out on loan we’ve decided to put that money towards other areas like Onana. I still wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Batshuayi come in on a free too.

Disappointed we didn't get the Gana deal done in time for Saturday.

I know he was unlikely to start given the short turnaround, but we are going into that first game seriously short.

Could get battered if we aren't careful.
He’s played some good minutes for PSG in pre season to be fair. If he was registered in time he could easily play.

Status
Not open for further replies.