Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think thats the plan Spud.

His injury record means we wouldnt be able to improve on his current contract and the issue is that most buying clubs wouldnt be able to either.

Thus I would think we will only get a nominal fee due to his short contract and wage demands.

I don't see much in it for the club to sell for a nominal fee. I suspect they keep him, and look at trying to move him to a more incentivised deal. He is on a big deal, so I can see him being open to it.

Depends on who bring in. Any ideas. I'm all out. No decent CBs these days !
We need 2 and id like one of them to be Collwill the lad from Chelsea (just been on loan at Huddersfield) he is a big unit who is quick and gets stuck in there but he can bring the ball out, going to be a really good player him. Then we need a more experienced player although I'm not sure about Tarkowski he is ok but nothing more though.

Just moved this...why do you think £10-15mil ?

I think it would be a great opportunity for Gavin, i think hed be very interested in the move, i think City would listen to him, its a huge profit for City - so good business, and i think its a fair price in the keeper market for him, despite a more then decent pedigree he doesn't have a PL profile - yet.

I think it would be a great opportunity for Gavin, i think hed be very interested in the move, i think City would listen to him, its a huge profit for City - so good business, and i think its a fair price in the keeper market for him, despite a more then decent pedigree he doesn't have a PL profile - yet.
Very popular with the Pompy fans, they rate him highly down here.

We need a strong, leader at the back to come in who can compensate for Yerry. That isn't Colwill or Branthwaite. But ideally get rid of Keane and Holgate before Mina and bring in 2 CBs (one more of a leader type, one more a younger player, maybe a loan).

How many centre backs do you want to go into next season with?

I wonder if Godfrey may be the one to go, as he may be the one most likely to receive a bid.

We signed him for £25mil so if Newcastle want him they'd need to offer a higher price.

£40mil?

Very popular with the Pompy fans, they rate him highly down here.

I think if City sell they would have a buyback. So if it were £10-15mil a buyback for perhaps £25-30mil

Otherwise possibly a 2 year loan like Atletico did with Courtois from Chelsea.

City dont actually need to sell so theres going to be some incentive for them to keep an iron in the fire with him.

For us, if we could somehow do a 2 year loan with option to buy we'd be laughing.

Likewise other City players on the fringes for structured deals could be good. The benefit for City of course is the first team football with Lampard having a track record of developing players.

Any loans with options or those with low fees and double fee buybacks for top young players should be entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.