Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is the time to move on a few loans. It's clear we either can't spend any upfront money or can only spend a limited amount upfront and are waiting to see who bites on the offers we're throwing out. But with the season fast approaching, and teams' preseason tours coming to an end, we need to move quickly on some players who have been deemed surplus. Move on for now from the targets that look to be staying at their clubs (ie Gallagher, MGW) and focus on who is attainable. If an opportunity arises later, then move on it even if we've already add a player in that position.

First and foremost, it's obvious to everyone and their mothers that we need multiple midfielders, so we just need to find the best we can get, even if it's on loan. As I posted earlier, we should be on the phone to United to get James Garner in on loan. This is the one area that I'm really hoping we'll have an out of blue signing or loan, as the linked names have not been promising.

Let's get direct with Chelsea and tell them we'd like to take one of their players on loan. Make them tell us who is in their plans among Gallagher, Broja, Colwill, Gilmour, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we're targeting Broja now with West Ham out of the picture, though there have been some reports on Newcastle too. Loan to buy would be ideal, but we really, really need someone in that mold, who can pair with Dom or back him up depending on the formation. Or if Broja is not available we should take the plunge on Cornet, depending on how much Burnley are demanding upfront. I wouldn't count on him for a lot of goals, but he's got enough quality to be our best winger instantly in my opinion, and he can cover multiple positions. If we get a few quality loans on top, I'd be fine with Cornet being our big expenditure this summer. Not ideal but would still be an improvement on last summer.

I don't know who else we should target on loan, but the time for being picky is probably over. Of course I say that but also want no part of some flop like Pepe on massive wages, even on loan.

Now is the time to move on a few loans. It's clear we either can't spend any upfront money or can only spend a limited amount upfront and are waiting to see who bites on the offers we're throwing out. But with the season fast approaching, and teams' preseason tours coming to an end, we need to move quickly on some players who have been deemed surplus. Move on for now from the targets that look to be staying at their clubs (ie Gallagher, MGW) and focus on who is attainable. If an opportunity arises later, then move on it even if we've already add a player in that position.

First and foremost, it's obvious to everyone and their mothers that we need multiple midfielders, so we just need to find the best we can get, even if it's on loan. As I posted earlier, we should be on the phone to United to get James Garner in on loan. This is the one area that I'm really hoping we'll have an out of blue signing or loan, as the linked names have not been promising.

Let's get direct with Chelsea and tell them we'd like to take one of their players on loan. Make them tell us who is in their plans among Gallagher, Broja, Colwill, Gilmour, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we're targeting Broja now with West Ham out of the picture, though there have been some reports on Newcastle too. Loan to buy would be ideal, but we really, really need someone in that mold, who can pair with Dom or back him up depending on the formation. Or if Broja is not available we should take the plunge on Cornet, depending on how much Burnley are demanding upfront. I wouldn't count on him for a lot of goals, but he's got enough quality to be our best winger instantly in my opinion, and he can cover multiple positions. If we get a few quality loans on top, I'd be fine with Cornet being our big expenditure this summer. Not ideal but would still be an improvement on last summer.

I don't know who else we should target on loan, but the time for being picky is probably over. Of course I say that but also want no part of some flop like Pepe on massive wages, even on loan.

Yeah but our main money should be on a cm

Teams will only make players available for loan when they are certain they cant sell them.

Less than 2 weeks to the start of the season: we have no midfield worthy of the name; we can only play 3 at the back as a system because of the defensive limitations; we rely on the blank firing Rondon and DCL to get us goals.

I'm not sure too many more of us are optimistic for this season or getting decent players in now.
I get that but it is a 5-10 year decline (30?) not a this summer problem. Some good things are happening.

I agree with refreshing the Board with competence btw. I just don’t want to give myself a coronary before we have even kicked a ball.

What a rebuff though. Biggest fan forum covering the club shuts down its summer transfer thread because the club have no intention to use it.
I dunno what it is but it sounds like you’re doubting Fareds statement to judge him at the end of the window……

Maybe it’s because he’s selling the club and moving to Moscow

Burnley are in a financial mess and need to sell. The longer it goes on they may change their stance with regards to instalments for Cornet. Only issue is if someone else comes in with a large fee for him.
They had been that desperate for cash they sold Pope for £10 million on the drip for £2 million a year.
Just depends if we want to risk waiting as it could go to the last week of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.