Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guys at Talksport are just throwing chum in the water, they are just hoping someone bites, desperate for content.

They will be having a pop at Leicester next for not signing anyone and forest for signing 12 players. Can’t take Talksport seriously.
Well they dont have to try too hard making the case that we've had a pathetic summer.

Less than 2 weeks to the start of the season: we have no midfield worthy of the name; we can only play 3 at the back as a system because of the defensive limitations; we rely on the blank firing Rondon and DCL to get us goals.

I'm not sure too many more of us are optimistic for this season or getting decent players in now.
But you better calm down and wait and see.

It's both, moshiri has simply put debt on the club during his tenure with the aim to build a new funded stadium with the intention of selling for a big fat wedge. His plan has failed.

All monies he's got tied up will be getting paid back to him if he can sell the club for the price he requires. Its not like he's gifted the money.

I thought he was our saviour but all he's done is take us to the brink because he can no longer apply more debt to the club because of the new Premier rules
which isn't a bad thing long term, unfortunately they have hit us at the wrong time. In essence we are cashless, we don't earn enough to afford transfers unless we sell but even that is eaten up due to wasted money. We are in a vicious circle. I still have concerns surrounding the funding of the stadium especially watching how he's made a total cock up of ownership and his total lack of football knowledge. Grim times and no amount of crying will fix this. The rest of football must be laughing there [Poor language removed] off at us, using us as the blueprint how not to run a club, despite deluded bills other opinion.
With respect, is any of that true?
I mean, what about the Usmanov stories?

The end result is the same either way. Whether we can't spend because we're broke or can't spend due to fiscal rules makes no odds. If we can't pay up front, at least a portion of the fee, we will be at the back of the queue and will most likely have to take whatever dross is left over that nobody else wants with our Klarna approach to transfers.
Yes, the concern is lack of funds cos we’re skint or just due to hands being tied. For future windows I hope it’s the latter

Well they dont have to try too hard making the case that we've had a pathetic summer.

Perhaps, but only someone who had not paid attention to our club finances would expect us to be signing players left, right and center and throwing money around. The thing with Talksport is half of the people on it are brain dead ex players who dont actually understand how the premier league profit and loss and FFP stops teams like us from doing that now.

Has Thelwell been lied to though.
Brands signed new deals took a place on the board half way through and only spoke out after he’d actually left, not a peep while here.
If Thelwell doesn’t and speak out then he’s clearly happy with it.
It's not Thelwell doing the negotiations is it. This will be the issue (imo) Kenwright will be going into things trying to be a cheeky sod with low down payments and weird deals that no other club in their right mind is likely to accept.

I think some people think Frank Lampard comes on here to find out about transfers.

He has decided on the targets and knows where we stand with each bid.

Obviously he would like to have his squad assembled by now but will be prepared to wait to get the players he wants. ..or the players he has been told the club may be able to afford.

None of this is new to him.

I think some people think Frank Lampard comes on here to find out about transfers.

He has decided on the targets and knows where we stand with each bid.

Obviously he would like to have his squad assembled by now but will be prepared to wait to get the players he wants. ..or the players he has been told the club may be able to afford.

None of this is new to him.
He had a transfer ban at Chelsea so it could be new, especially with our lack of money

scammer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.