Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was a decent win was against a very average championship side who had us on the back foot for far too many spells in the game. Another stupid player mistake costing us a goal again and poor defending for the other one the massive holes are still there which better premier league sides will expose even more, only plus was us actually scoring a few goals
They start their season next week it was definitely an improvement on getting humped 4-0 no? We put some decent passages of play together yes there are issues with every area of the pitch but we knew that. Don't get me wrong it doesn't mask the issues with this squad we still need four players.

I don’t think it was a decent win was against a very average championship side who had us on the back foot for far too many spells in the game. Another stupid player mistake costing us a goal again and poor defending for the other one the massive holes are still there which better premier league sides will expose even more, only plus was us actually scoring a few goals
I mean, first half they had nothing. Looked very average and Godfrey, Mina and Tarkowski had it under control without stepping up any gears.

Second half they had a solid 5-10 min spell, and then one or two moments after tonnes of changes had been made. Plenty of positives in the game. Things to note on the negative though;

- Set pieces remain a concern.
- Davies and Doucoure don’t look any use at all in a 343.
- Rondon actually had a good game, but we really need another striker who is mobile.
- Gordon wasn’t on it.

Laughing me bollocks off if people are pacified with that performance and result today. We need 4/5 players to avoid the drop. Dele isn't saving us spending whatsoever; the defence is still a midden, as we saw yet again; and dont even start on the pathetic midfield.

That lot today wont save us. In fact, if there was VAR in that game today we'd have drawn it...a game against a team in the old third division.

Laughing me bollocks off if people are pacified with that performance and result today. We need 4/5 players to avoid the drop. Dele isn't saving us spending whatsoever; the defence is still a midden, as we saw yet again; and dont even start on the pathetic midfield.

That lot today wont save us. In fact, if there was VAR in that game today we'd have drawn it...a game against a team in the old third division.
Hard to disagree to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.