Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s worth saying that Everton underperformed last season. We are unlikely to see an injury crisis on that level again.

Richarlison is a big loss, no doubt, but we are working on a replacement.
I've seen this sentiment posted a few times by a few posters but I'm not sure it's true. Let me propose a counter argument, we overachieved under Ancelotti. And since then we have lost Richarlison, Digne, Sigurdsson and James, who were the route to a lot of our chances, despite the criticism aimed at them on here. We've replaced Digne with Mykolenko who is certainly game but I think the jury is out on how effective he will be going forward and we haven't replaced any of the other three unless you count Townsend and Gray as adequate replacements, which I don't. We are going to struggle to create chances with our current squad.

I'm not saying we are going down but we have work to do this summer, for sure.

Thats not even close to being true.

He was like a really slow crap second striker with awful control who we put on pens and could sometimes time a decent run into the box.

Whenever he was judged on strikers stats his supporters said he was a midfielder. Whenever he was judged on what a midfielder does they said he was a striker.

There’s no one I rate lower than Keane and Davies in the current squad, but if you put either of them behind the striker for 38 games, in a 4231, and let them take all penalties and set pieces, they’d probably be equally as useful as Siggurdson was there. I’m sure they’d get on the end of some stuff as well after contributing absolutely nothing in the build up or working back defensively.

I doubt Dele will get afforded the same luxuries we used to afford Siggurdson.

For somebody that only cares about performance, I find that comment quite strange.
Huh? Niasse performance in 17/18 was better than anything Doucoure has served up.

He obviously wasn't give a lot of chances because he was technically woeful and that's probably fair. We also bought Tosun who wasn't even an improvement really.

Status
Not open for further replies.