Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't have to be an exact like for like replacement though.

Richarlison would predominantly play left side of a front 3 (ignoring last season due to Calvert lewin's injury). Lampard may decide that those wide forwards drop a bit deeper into a more traditional winger role and we play an attacking midfielder (Alli and/or Gibbs white). As long as we end up stronger overall, losing richarlison may not be so devastating.

Alli's heat maps from his Spurs days show that he occupied the left flank so you could be onto something here. That said, he had Eriksen finding him and at his peak Eriksen was one of best at his craft (he's still up there these days).

For the sitter we'd be looking at Gilmour / Winks types id imagine.

The Onana link doesnt quite fit although he is a tackle machine...and big...and young...

Plays for Belgium now though so perhaps he has 'something' in his locker and can step up game to be more well rounded.

Hes the exciting option.

The 3rd young Belgian linked with De Ketelaere, Onana being the other two.

Clement may have seen each of them play when he managed in Belgium - for a short period admittedly.

For the sitter we'd be looking at Gilmour / Winks types id imagine.

The Onana link doesnt quite fit although he is a tackle machine...and big...and young...

Plays for Belgium now though so perhaps he has 'something' in his locker and can step up game to be more well rounded.

Hes the exciting option.
I'd much rather have someone with greater physical presence than those two. I think Winks is a busted flush of a footballer and whilst I think Gilmour could be effective, I think he'd be better slightly further forward with far less defensive responsibility. I think Grillitsch would be a fine free pick up as he's got size, good forward passing and seemingly solid positional awareness and as we seemingly don't have two pennies to rub together can we really do better?

Yes Onana would be a very exciting signing but for that to happen we'd have had to be all over that as soon as the window opened and before Lille had a chance to sell Botman. They can basically ask for whatever they want now and whatever they want is likely to be far more than whatever we have.

et lest neus, voes, a sonne par noi thank you cvést le onana olala. Becaousvp le tra la bye bye. NO!!

DM!!

DM!!

Parece que merci thanks all.

Brentford have a better squad

Leeds as of right now have improved with a better squad.

Southampton also have a better squad

Leicester is so superior to ours

Forest have spent loads so we don’t know yet

Fulham and Bournemouth could also be close but I think Bournemouth will be worse.

This still could all change with a few new signings mind.

Southampton a better squad? Errrm no they don't mate. Brentford don't either - are you saying Leeds have improved after losing Philips and also certain to be losing Rafinha?

Southampton a better squad? Errrm no they don't mate. Brentford don't either - are you saying Leeds have improved after losing Philips and also certain to be losing Rafinha?
Rafinha is gone.

That's two of their 'big three' gone in one summer (if you count Bamford as the third 'key' player for them).

I think it’s worth saying that Everton underperformed last season. We are unlikely to see an injury crisis on that level again.

Richarlison is a big loss, no doubt, but we are working on a replacement.

I think it’s worth saying that Everton underperformed last season. We are unlikely to see an injury crisis on that level again.

Richarlison is a big loss, no doubt, but we are working on a replacement.
That’s a big thing for me. I don’t think we could possibly get worse. We also had about 6-7 clear bad official decisions which cost us a good few points. I don’t think the current crop of players have much more in them but could easily get another 8-9 points based on not using benitez ball.

If we sign a competent DM, right winger and backup for DCL then I’m confident to get 45-48 points next season. We are a million miles off of Europe and our sole aim until moshiri goes and BMD is built should be to survive in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.