Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be clear.
Isn't that the point of substitution. A player comes on for a tactical reason. One of those being a player who can run at and target a fatiguing opponent?

If not, what exactly is the point of having substitution?
We can learn a lot from rugby and the term game finishers.

£10m for a squad player is peanuts. Should we get him? Not sure, think I would ike to see Dobbin a bit more. But with 5 subs. It's crazy to not have a option of a fast Powerful player.
Mate, we all know what substitutions are, and what is expected from players who are used as substitutions. You haven't stumbled upon a revolutionary new approach to getting the most out of a squad.

The financial constraints are clear and profound. We have enough problems in our first XI that we will struggle to solve them all with the very small amount of spending the PL will allow us to do. We simply can't siphon off £10m to buy a substitute at this time.

George Michael

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi **
https://twitter.com/Tanziloic
https://twitter.com/Tanziloic
Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski
- Matt Law

The funky colours go when I copy and paste, end of an era.

careless-whisper-wham.gif

ffs is that the real lyrics "guilty feet"???? So for 37 bloody years I've been singing

Guilty, feel I've got no rhythm

Well you learn something new every day, cheers MG ;)

We sold Richarlison so need a replacement. I dont think that's really a point that's up for debate. Gordon already starts games.

We need someone who will score a similar amount of goals and assists, but we may not play the same way. If we sign Broja he can’t be as back up to DCL, he must be starting, so surely we must then play a front 2. Maybe a 532.

If we sign MGW or Dennis they are more likely to to play in Richarlison’s old position out wide in a 451 or 433

We sold Richarlison so need a replacement. I dont think that's really a point that's up for debate. Gordon already starts games.
Disagree.

This gives us an opportunity to finally buy a predominantly right-sided, left-footed player. Only Townsend really fits that mold at the club currently.

Gordon & Gray are far better suited on the left. Suspect Dele is too.

Last edited:
Disagree.

This gives us an opportunity to finally buy a predominantly right-sided, left-footed player. Only Townsend & Dobbin really fit that mold at the club currently.

Well that player would still be a replacement if they are a forward. I dont mean necessarily a no.9. But we need an attacker who can get to 10 goals. We are short across the front 3 but we do need someone who can play as a 9 too. You cant go into a season with Rondon as you're back up striker.

Disagree.

This gives us an opportunity to finally buy a predominantly right-sided, left-footed player. Only Townsend really fits that mold at the club currently.

I'm not sure about Gordon. I know he's played that way coming through and obviously if he improves he may be able to do it, but the way he was last season I thought he looked far more suited to just being an old fashioned winger, getting his head down and trying to go past his man on the outside to get the ball across goal. When he was on the left he sometimes got caught up trying to be too clever and trying to do things he just wasn't really capable of to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.