Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll get killed for this, but if we are skiing then I would be trying something like:

Tarkowski: free - done obviously and I think he will improve us
Grillitsch: free - solid defensively and can pass
Winks: loan - if a loan w/out obligation only. If Chelsea would loan Gilmour that works too (I think they will keep Gallagher)
Walker Peters: 15 - we need a RB ready to play now.
Cornet: 17.5 release clause - provides cover, optionality, speed and goals for a reasonable fee

Those signings should see us solidly stay up without hurting us financially. If we can prove to be a solid, competent squad with upward trajectory then next year we should be able to spend more/attract better

To me the likes of Lewis Potter, Gibbs White, Onana and Broja are too expensive for us to take the risk right now. We can’t afford to be wrong and none of them are sure things. Wish they We’re cheaper or we were in a less precarious financial spot, but as things stand I think the prices are too high.
I don't think a signing like Cornet makes sense either if we want value for money, patchy record and frequently injured. You have to risk it sometimes, we know exactly what we're getting with someone like Winks, sure there might be little risk involved, but there isn't much upside either.

We need young players with potential that can be sold for more than we paid for them or we'll keep treading water financially

Somebody needs to confine Moshiri to a straight jacket stat before we end up paying 200k a week for lingard

Absolutely deluded. Guess he's the age where he wants one last big contract but he's been known to be leaving United as a free agent for months and no-one's been breaking down his door, you'd think he'd have noticed by now.

I’ll get killed for this, but if we are skiing then I would be trying something like:

Tarkowski: free - done obviously and I think he will improve us
Grillitsch: free - solid defensively and can pass
Winks: loan - if a loan w/out obligation only. If Chelsea would loan Gilmour that works too (I think they will keep Gallagher)
Walker Peters: 15 - we need a RB ready to play now.
Cornet: 17.5 release clause - provides cover, optionality, speed and goals for a reasonable fee

Those signings should see us solidly stay up without hurting us financially. If we can prove to be a solid, competent squad with upward trajectory then next year we should be able to spend more/attract better

To me the likes of Lewis Potter, Gibbs White, Onana and Broja are too expensive for us to take the risk right now. We can’t afford to be wrong and none of them are sure things. Wish they We’re cheaper or we were in a less precarious financial spot, but as things stand I think the prices are too high.

Trying to save money whilst spending 18m on absolutely turd like Cornet?

Absolutely deluded. Guess he's the age where he wants one last big contract but he's been known to be leaving United as a free agent for months and no-one's been breaking down his door, you'd think he'd have noticed by now.
Individuals like lingard live in a bubble playing for united provided hefty wages and since hes english a certain pedigree is attached to him. Those factors definitely create a detached reality

Ornstein seemingly confirmed that we’re interested in Walker-Peters. Bit of a weird one for me, given what we spent on Patterson. Pitch him in against easier opposition and Coleman when we’re expected to be under the cosh. We’ve got far more glaring problems to fix before buying another fullback.

That’s true, but we’re essentially an injury in either full back position away from a situation we don’t want. If Mykolenko goes down we’ve only got Nkounku, who knows if Lampard even rates him. Coleman is not good enough to be first choice so if Patterson is not ready, or gets injured, we’re straight back to Coleman again.

A utility player who can cover both sides makes sense but agree it’s not the priority but if it’s on the list and he becomes available I can see why we’d be interested.

Ornstein seemingly confirmed that we’re interested in Walker-Peters. Bit of a weird one for me, given what we spent on Patterson. Pitch him in against easier opposition and Coleman when we’re expected to be under the cosh. We’ve got far more glaring problems to fix before buying another fullback.
KWP can play both full back positions so it’s effectively cover/competition for Mykolenko

Walker-Peters — who joined on a permanent basis from Tottenham Hotspur two years ago and has since broken into the England set-up — was linked with Everton last week but despite firm admiration, their financial problems would make Goodison Park an unrealistic destination for now.

Cant even afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.