Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we below Bournemouth?!?
rele.jpg

I’ll get killed for this, but if we are skiing then I would be trying something like:

Tarkowski: free - done obviously and I think he will improve us
Grillitsch: free - solid defensively and can pass
Winks: loan - if a loan w/out obligation only. If Chelsea would loan Gilmour that works too (I think they will keep Gallagher)
Walker Peters: 15 - we need a RB ready to play now.
Cornet: 17.5 release clause - provides cover, optionality, speed and goals for a reasonable fee

Those signings should see us solidly stay up without hurting us financially. If we can prove to be a solid, competent squad with upward trajectory then next year we should be able to spend more/attract better

To me the likes of Lewis Potter, Gibbs White, Onana and Broja are too expensive for us to take the risk right now. We can’t afford to be wrong and none of them are sure things. Wish they We’re cheaper or we were in a less precarious financial spot, but as things stand I think the prices are too high.

Confilicting reports on Broja some saying Lampard spoke to him and we are hopeful others he has joined up with Chelsea on tour and the Hammers are confident so ...who knows

Wouldn’t give him a penny over £60k p/w, absolute no mark who has barely played his entire career. Let him go to West Ham where he’ll do absolutely nothing of note. One purple patch of 16 games doesn’t make a good player.
Absolutely it wasn't until last year I discovered he was in his late 20's because he was always discussed as a promising prospect I was gobsmacked but like you stated hes been pretty mediocre majority of his career. Super over hyped

Absolutely it wasn't until last year I discovered he was in his late 20's because he was always discussed as a promising prospect I was gobsmacked but like you stated hes been pretty mediocre majority of his career. Super over hyped
It’s a running joke between myself and my United supporting mate that “promising youngster Jesse Lingard will fulfil his potential this season”. We’ve been making it for a decade now.

Status
Not open for further replies.