Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison scheduled to undergo medical today after Tottenham struck agreement in principle with Everton overnight to sign 25yo. Fee ~£50m + £10m add-ons but talks continue today to establish final price. Personal terms agreed
@TheAthleticUK
That seems as if the 50m +10m add-ons have been agreed and we are trying to add something more last minute to it.

Dele fee restructuring or Winks loan maybe

Take off 10% for Watford and Richarlisons loyalty bonus....

...lucky if weve sold for £42mil.

Meanwhile Raphinha is what, £60mil ???

Raphina will also have a loyalty bonus, Watford are getting 1m as it's a 10% sell on over 40m mate.

Raphinas add ons may also be way more difficult to obtain that these are.

Take off 10% for Watford and Richarlisons loyalty bonus....

...lucky if weve sold for £42mil.

Meanwhile Raphinha is what, £60mil ?

Shocking business.

Kenwright loves the add ons that we never get see Lukaku.

Never see any other club get stung for add ons like we do - Maguire, Grealish, White etc.

Had our pants pulled down yet again - see £30 million for Gana who's hole in our midfield we still haven't replaced.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised if they were not ready to act fast and use the money made available to them quickly, with targets identified and ready. You can get knocked back of course, but the groundwork should be done.

We have the feel of a club that's just been promoted to me actually, minus the excitement, and we're almost starting at ground zero in trying to rebuild a squad capable of being competitive in a relative sense.

We need signings quickly to boost morale. It will be a very difficult few weeks with Richy gone if that doesn't materialise. Lampard & Thelwell have had enough time to review and know what's required, that's tempered of course by what they're given.
We need the new players in now so they're ready to go from the first whistle. It won't just boost morale, it's probably critical to gain early points to keep out of the relegation zone from the off - I don't think we can pull off last season's escape too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.