Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Suppose Dyche and Thelwell will just have to do their best in uncertainty on finances right now and assume they have almost nothing but the wages we are paying out now. Assume a season a bit like this one, try and keep the useful players - a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush etc.

Hoping we can keep Branthwaite, Tarks, DCL, Pickford and try and keep our spine together for the coming season.

Onana sale assuming it makes financial sense. Sell Lukjanciks if it helps - a shame but there we are.

Gana, Mykolenko, McNeil, Garner, Doucoure all contributed to a notional 12th place finish & Coleman should be kept for the squad. I've thawed to the idea of Young staying in the squad if it makes financial sense - we need the bodies - although I hope he doesn't have to play so much. Unless Godfrey can generate a sale then may as well keep him around too as he has contributed the odd cameo.

Chermiti, Dobbin, Virginia - closest kids we have to the first 11 - useful for squad.

Beto I'm not sure on - but tempted to give him a second season if he can't be sold - I really hate these 'loan-at-a-loss' scenarios we keep on putting ourselves in - earn your coin and coach / use him Dyche et al. I suppose we could loan him out, but we'd still need a striker and who is to say they'd be any better given what we can afford ?

Keane we may just have to suck it up and keep him in the squad.

Patterson may just have to keep him given the injury - he's also still young and can improve and his sale or loan value isn't going to be high.

Maupay burnt his bridges so it forces our hand - loan or sale, whatever the best financial situation.

Holgate loan for whatever, don't see much point in having him around.

It does.

But they’d probably dock us 2 pts for taking advantage of the situation
I thought if they had been released after being offered a new contract on equal or better terms they can still claim a development fee but a) I have no idea if they did offer him a contract and b) if that is even still the rule. Do you remember the days when you didn't need a Masters in contract law and economics to enjoy football?!

You speak as is our highest paid player ISNT. Doucoure. We'd probably give him a pay rise.
We're risking going into administration due to the dire financial straits we're in. Current payroll demands wipe out WAAAAY too high a proportion of our income, so we'll be looking to reduce that spend (and increase income too, of course: utterly idiotic to rely on just one or the other for improvement).

Last edited:
No one wants to sell Jarrad, but if we can replace him up and coming talent like van den Berg, then it will soften the blow immeasurably. I wouldn’t be advocating for him to start, but to develop and become a starter the year after.

This summer will be huge for the club, get it right and there will be a feel good factor and excitement heading into the next season.

I want to believe KT can make a difference; it will be interesting if Jarrad and Onana leave what money he will be given and how he will spend it.

Not really considered him to be honest (purely on the basis that we have 0 money), but that would actually be decent 'succession' planning. Has a lot of similar traits to Branthwaite, although not sure of his ability to play to the left of Tarkowski

Suppose Dyche and Thelwell will just have to do their best in uncertainty on finances right now and assume they have almost nothing but the wages we are paying out now. Assume a season a bit like this one, try and keep the useful players - a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush etc.

Hoping we can keep Branthwaite, Tarks, DCL, Pickford and try and keep our spine together for the coming season.

Onana sale assuming it makes financial sense. Sell Lukjanciks if it helps - a shame but there we are.

Gana, Mykolenko, McNeil, Garner, Doucoure all contributed to a notional 12th place finish & Coleman should be kept for the squad. I've thawed to the idea of Young staying in the squad if it makes financial sense - we need the bodies - although I hope he doesn't have to play so much. Unless Godfrey can generate a sale then may as well keep him around too as he has contributed the odd cameo.

Chermiti, Dobbin, Virginia - closest kids we have to the first 11 - useful for squad.

Beto I'm not sure on - but tempted to give him a second season if he can't be sold - I really hate these 'loan-at-a-loss' scenarios we keep on putting ourselves in - earn your coin and coach / use him Dyche et al. I suppose we could loan him out, but we'd still need a striker and who is to say they'd be any better given what we can afford ?

Keane we may just have to suck it up and keep him in the squad.

Patterson may just have to keep him given the injury - he's also still young and can improve and his sale or loan value isn't going to be high.

Maupay burnt his bridges so it forces our hand - loan or sale, whatever the best financial situation.

Holgate loan for whatever, don't see much point in having him around.
I’d rather keep young than Coleman. At least young can stay fit and cover a few positions. Coleman looks finished to me and will be on a nice wage. We can’t be giving out sentimental contracts in our situation

He's been linked a few times this season. Ive posted about him before, looks decent.

Where do you think hes best CB or RB?

Under Dyche full backs tuck inside so i guess either role?

No one wants to sell Jarrad, but if we can replace him up and coming talent like van den Berg, then it will soften the blow immeasurably. I wouldn’t be advocating for him to start, but to develop and become a starter the year after.

This summer will be huge for the club, get it right and there will be a feel good factor and excitement heading into the next season.

I want to believe KT can make a difference; it will be interesting if Jarrad and Onana leave what money he will be given and how he will spend it.

Cant sell Branthwaite. Would be shocking.

Not really considered him to be honest (purely on the basis that we have 0 money), but that would actually be decent 'succession' planning. Has a lot of similar traits to Branthwaite, although not sure of his ability to play to the left of Tarkowski

Tarkowski had played on the left in the past but id expect Van Den Berg to be 3rd choice CB and pushing to start at RB.

Then sell Godfrey.

Who plays while he develops?