Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

When it comes to Onanas ability/potential I agree more with zat than I do with people saying he's rubbish. I rate him highly and think he will end up a top player in his position. There is no chance we get 80m for him currently though unfortunately.

Everyone knows we need to sell, and he's not had a season on the level of Branthwaite.

If he has an outstanding Euros AND a big club overpays for a midfielder this summer similar to the lavia deal then we can maybe get above the 60m mark, but even then I'm not sure.
Agree with the money bits. Be surprised if we see many players going for anywhere near 80mil.

Look you are obviously a huge fan of his as you can see in your posts. He had a decent game v Arsenal no ones arguing with that. Best mid on the pitch? Debatable. Suddenly worth 80mil based on having a couple of decent games in his time here? Not for me.

I dont think hes been top notch most games, but when you look at the things he does most games both the stats and also the times he does something seem to go unnoticed on here.

Its so disappointing we dont play with a proper 3 midfield with an anchor and 2 CMs ahead of him. The once in a blue moon something similar happens its Gana as the anchor and he has zero positional sense.

Zat’s completely delusional with Onana. Onana would start for the 1970’s Brazil team in his head. He’s slapped £80m+ (was £120m at one point) on him based solely on Belgium vs Azerbaijan ages ago. Done absolutely nothing recently but yeah sure the top clubs in world football are entering a bidding war for him hahaha

I dont think Caicedo is any better.

I also done think Lavia is 50% of the player Onana is.

Valuations give me those figures based on the RS offers and Chelsea deals on those two players.

Lets say ALL of the links to Barca, Bayern and the other premier league sides are all made up.

Isnt it interesting that all those journalists chose Onana as the big money target and not someone else that you rate?

I would suggest having a look at the matchday thread and the MoM votes, Gana clearly in the lead with Onana nowhere to be seen Zat.

I just did a little while ago. Can only assume is because Gana aimed at the Arsenal player and had a Messi moment when purposely aiming at him to score.

No chance was he better for me. Mindblowing to see.

When it comes to Onanas ability/potential I agree more with zat than I do with people saying he's rubbish. I rate him highly and think he will end up a top player in his position. There is no chance we get 80m for him currently though unfortunately.

Everyone knows we need to sell, and he's not had a season on the level of Branthwaite.

If he has an outstanding Euros AND a big club overpays for a midfielder this summer similar to the lavia deal then we can maybe get above the 60m mark, but even then I'm not sure.

Richarlison went for £50-60mil even though we made it clear we needed the money...same with Gordon at £40-45mil after he downed tools as well.

We may not see the £80mil but id be very disappointed with our management if they agreed much less....especially with the 20% clause.

Gueye has been one of most consistent and better players all season. Onana has shown himself to be a liability more often than not. Would sell Onana a million times over before even thinking about Gueye. Thrilled that he’s got an extension clause that’s been activated. He’s the actual difference maker on the pitch.

116 MoM votes for Gana
13 for Onana

Gana has been the better and more effective midfielder for Everton this season, would be daft to argue otherwise.

Gana has been great for half a dozen games.

The rest of the season weve seen both Onana and Garner have poor games alongside him and look much better together.

Hes played the least of our midfielder trio due to this imo, i remember many of us saying this when he was finally dropped and the other two gelled.

116 votes for someone who scored a goal and is in great form...vs someone who many expect to be sold.

Gueye has been one of most consistent and better players all season. Onana has shown himself to be a liability more often than not. Would sell Onana a million times over before even thinking about Gueye. Thrilled that he’s got an extension clause that’s been activated. He’s the actual difference maker on the pitch.

Not for me.

Gana has been great for half a dozen games.

The rest of the season weve seen both Onana and Garner have poor games alongside him and look much better together.

Hes played the least of our midfielder trio due to this imo, i remember many of us saying this when he was finally dropped and the other two gelled.

116 votes for someone who scored a goal and is in great form...vs someone who many expect to be sold.
The votes for MOM are for that game, not what the player did 6 months ago. At least that's my understanding of it.

I can get away with posting this as there was a link in March;

1716390200901.png

... But Karamoko Dembele.

I get it's League One and Blackpool.

A lot of hype around him at Celtic years ago - he ended up at Brest, who loaned him to Blackpool.

He seems to have found his feet - 21. A lad I used to work with from Blackpool doesn't shut up about him.

I know these clips can be deceiving - but watch;

... Dembélé's eight goals and 14 assists[44] throughout the season contributed significantly to Blackpool's EFL League One promotion push, and for his efforts he was recognised as the club's 'Junior Seasiders Player of the Season,'[45] 'Players' Player of the Season'[46] and 'Supporters' Player of the Season'[47] for the 2023–2024 campaign, prior to their final game against Reading.

Someone bell Thelwell.

He's too small lad.

I see you're still not sold.

Here's some more propaganda to win you over.

In time, you'll be FUMING when he signs for Crystal Palace.

Not physically durable? He made nearly 50 appearances all told and didn’t miss a single training session, according to Critchley. Not versatile? The former winger spent much of the season playing centre midfield in a 3-5-2. Not big or strong enough? Dembele has grown and filled out a little, but it’s more a case of making intelligent adaptations to his game that render his size irrelevant.

Look up the new compilations of him on YouTube and you’ll see him repeatedly receiving the ball in tight spaces and gliding through attempts to barge him off it. What is also apparent is his ability to deliver a wicked set-piece, which is where many of his assists came from.

‘He’s got a unique ability to twist and turn and receive the ball under pressure, to take the ball when he’s marked and eliminate defenders,’ says Critchley, who worked alongside Rodgers during a long spell coaching at Liverpool’s academy and later served as Steven Gerrard’s assistant at Aston Villa.

‘He’s got a low centre of gravity and can just take defenders out the game in a split second. We slightly adjusted his position during the season just to give him that freedom, because teams started putting together plans to stop him, putting men on him and things like that.

‘He played off the front for us, through the middle, slightly wider, and, towards the end, as an attacking midfielder in a three-man midfield. He’s fantastic to work with, because he just absolutely loves football. You’d turn around after training and he’d be on his own, dribbling, practising shooting and free-kicks, flicking the ball up, juggling… he just always wants to learn and improve.

‘He was the standout performer for us, he won pretty much all of our awards.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...oko-Dembele-makes-20s-debut-aged-just-13.html