Homepage Update: Everton Sack Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League clubs are just about guaranteed £95 million for this season.

BFS has spent around £60 million in transfer fees - ignoring the cost of wages - to gain an extra £30 million from the Premier League.

I don't call that a very good return. I think that many mangers have done a much better job for their clubs.

I hope we can start next season with a new manager and a new ambition.

But being specific Eveton will receive north of 125 mill.

Those figures are very disingenuous mate in my opinion. The figure he spent closer to 45 mill and would he have been praised for not signing a striker, Walcott was a class signing - besides he didn't buy them Everton did, they are not leaving the football club with Allardyce. Do you think we shouldn't have signed those players, or they didn't contribute? Your blaming him for Everton having to pay the wages of those players - thats is all a bit of the wall logic if im honest.

I agree whole heartily, who doesn't want a good manager at this moment in time, it is ok though to point out positives though under Sam, he pretty much hit parr to anything achieved in recent seasons and the 8th placed finish has helped the club financially.

Last edited:
Allardyce left Sunderland and Palace after keeping them up (with his same style of limited football),it makes you wonder what lies Moshiri told him that made him think he was staying on longer here.

I think the fact that he was only initially offered 6 mths speaks volumes.

He always knew that getting the boot at the the end of the season was a very real and likely scenario.

However he chose to do what he always does and talk himself up as the saviour of football, which is then swallowed hook line and sinker, by his lap dogs, like Jim White.

I’ll never ever forgive the club for appointing sammy lee as part of this deal. Part of my love for Everton died that day and will never be replaced

Hopefully the same mistakes won’t be made again but this is Everton and we know that won’t happen

However good news none the less

Wonderful news to wake up to!

A person losing their job is rarely something to be cheerful about on a human level but Sam has an ample financial cushion to lesson the pain. Also he’ll still get hired again by other clubs nervous of the drop as, dire as the football has been, he can still claim to have stabilized our home results - we might quibble with that reasoning but I think worried chairmen will find it convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.