Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll add that with the NFL’s new look UK foray the club could’ve done a squad tie in with the Vikings who have a big fanbase, instead they just sent Paul Clement to meet their front office.
Honestly.. Our marketing department missed yet another trick. It's just so embarrassing beyond belief. I don't wear our kits anymore too old but, visiting places in SC, GEORGIA,Florida over the last couple of weeks, I've seen enough chelski,spurs,RS kits on kids and parents the uptake for the PL is unreal. Speaking with family it's down to FIFA on the PlayStation/XBOX by now you'd of thought we'd do.our.homework

yea, was thinking that for the Ravens. A team that plays in blue in a stadium that's all blue and was there any effort at a link up, nope.
The merchandise thing is baffling and goes to show that the club is not managed well.
There's no way in hell, with American owners, they'd miss the opportunity to sell merch to everyone there.
Both the Ravens and Vikings are purple, but yes.

First thing I’d do is switch to a 4/4/1/1 with no wingers, 4 central midfielders. Play Gordon off DCL.
Make yourself hard to beat.
Davies, is being asked to do too much, which he’s not up to. Keep it simple him sit in front of the back 4, if you get Gilmour, put Gilmour ahead of him. The other 2 midfielders, I’m not sure about yet. Still not familiar with all the squad. But you need to commit less players into attack and hold shape better.

yea, was thinking that for the Ravens. A team that plays in blue in a stadium that's all blue and was there any effort at a link up, nope.
The merchandise thing is baffling and goes to show that the club is not managed well.
There's no way in hell, with American owners, they'd miss the opportunity to sell merch to everyone there.
It’s just bizarre. The Vikings are literally one of the NFLUK teams and they’re coming here in October and they decide to send Paul Clement. Not Lampard the well known superstar who played in the US, not DCL the cool fashionista, not Yerry Mina who people might actually know they some overweight balding man who nobody has ever heard of.

Saw him stood there on the Vikings’ Instagram with their head honchos and just laughed.

Edit: I’ve just seen they did a photoshoot with Alli, DCL and Mina last week… ‘sake lollollol

Don't you think that maybe when a full back commits himself forward then it is somebodies job to fill in for him?
yes.

Still.

"Worst of a bad lot", you've just lost the second half to their second string ffs, how can Patterson be the worst?

Put the roster on the wall and throw a dart. You can name a dozen others. We were better in the second half, not saying much.

I suppose Keane, for one, should be graded more harshly as a veteran but whenever the play was in our end Patterson was lost.

Here's my takeaway from the pre season tour.
Positives
- The US fan base is growing and is incredible given that the team has been rubbish for a generation.
- The independent supporters clubs are great, fair play to baltimore toffees.
- The new home kit looks well.
- The men in blazers show in DC was good. It's great to have Rog flying the blue flag in the States.
- The Adrian Heath half time spot was great last night. Good to see such passionate blues involved with MLS
- Mills stood out on the pitch

Negatives
- The team and performances
- No club march for sale (as far as I could see) missed opportunity, they never seem to learn.
- Not a fan of the away kit.

If frank didn't know what players were crap, he does now! that's the most I can take from the playing side of things.

Concur 100%.

No merch was terrible. The tables in the Baltimore stadium had a few new Everton kits and they sold out. Arsenal had a selection of T-shirts. Instead of a dozen $95 kits that sell out in twenty minutes, how about a nice selection of a few different $30 T-shirts and training gear? (That top they came out in was fire, they could have sold 5000).

Baltimore Toffees had fantastic merch- I'll take pix of the shirt and scarf. A supporters club outdoing the team - bad look
No merchandise is down to it being managed by Fanatics.

While the club could benefit from bringing merchandise with them to get it in the hands of overseas blues they won't pay to import all that merchandise and for the logistics to store, move and manage it. All of our merchandising is managed by Fanatics.

I hate that Fanatics contract.

Don't you think that maybe when a full back commits himself forward then it is somebodies job to fill in for him? Patterson was second choice at Rangers behind a full back that created and scored many goals for us, do you think when he gets forward we just leave a big hole where he's come from? Used to be when a right back got forward then the right midfielder would sit in, nowadays it would be the sitting midfielder. I watched your whole game and I feel sorry for the lad (he's 20 by the way) as he's surrounded by some very poor players. I don't know who he's meant to learn from there. I'd be more worried about your left hand side as that's where three of the four goals came from, the other being your centre back's own goal, when yes Patterson had committed himself forward. Also I didn't see anybody "school him", he made a couple of good interventions to nick the ball and was a bit rash a couple of times, but don't forget he is still a very inexperienced youngster irrespective of how much you paid for him, same age I would imagine as your own youngsters. "Worst of a bad lot", you've just lost the second half to their second string ffs, how can Patterson be the worst?
...oooh, let me think: Ashley Cole one of the best RB's in the world in his day; Leighton Baines a much more accomplished FB than Patterson will ever be; Coleman, a RB who has been great value to Everton since he arrived and knucked down to add a defensive side to his game.

Take him back.

No merchandise is down to it being managed by Fanatics.

While the club could benefit from bringing merchandise with them to get it in the hands of overseas blues they won't pay to import all that merchandise and for the logistics to store, move and manage it. All of our merchandising is managed by Fanatics.

I hate that Fanatics contract.
It's not like it's cast iron, all these things can be renegotiated.
The club doesn't have to make a penny, it's about getting kids in jerseys.
Does the contract with Fanatics stipulate that the club cant sell any merchandise at stadiums? like posters/caps/water bottles?

I had completely blocked that from my memory.

Dom and Iwobi also missed a good opportunity for a tap in when Gordon sent a ball across the face of goal.

That's about it though.
Oh yeah, we were utterly terrible. They could have knocked in 7 or 8 and it wouldn't have been unfair to us. We were that bad.

How many low points do we have to endure before they stop becoming low points and become the norm? I don’t know the answer to that question but surely we must be getting close.
They're already the norm. It's been like this since January 2021. 18 months of utter tripe.

It's not like it's cast iron, all these things can be renegotiated.
The club doesn't have to make a penny, it's about getting kids in jerseys.
Does the contract with Fanatics stipulate that the club cant sell any merchandise at stadiums? like posters/caps/water bottles?
I'm 99% certain it is a cast iron contract signing over all merchandising rights and operation to Fanatics in return for a fixed payment.

This was done because the club merchandising operation in house was losing money each year.

No merchandise is sold at the stadiums. It's sold out of the 2 official club shops operated by Fanatics and the online store. The stalls outside the ground are independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.