Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Baltimore, I met Blues who had traveled from all over the States and from England. I met a guy in my hotel who had flown in from Vancouver and his son came from Toronto. I heard about some bloke who had come from Australia.

I'm sure this was true in Minneapolis. And you're not even going to go over there and acknowledge them?

This is just so, so poor, and further indicative of a lack of character that we were talking about in the last 20 minutes. Having been trounced in every facet of play, by a "lesser" side that treated the match with more respect than they did, our players took out their frustrations with petty fouls. It was embarrassing. They couldn't be bothered to foul by, say, going in hard for a tackle, but they could kick at shins out of petulance. If my kid did that in a game I'd pull her out and read her the riot act.

Man up.

Here's my takeaway from the pre season tour.
Positives
- The US fan base is growing and is incredible given that the team has been rubbish for a generation.
- The independent supporters clubs are great, fair play to baltimore toffees.
- The new home kit looks well.
- The men in blazers show in DC was good. It's great to have Rog flying the blue flag in the States.
- The Adrian Heath half time spot was great last night. Good to see such passionate blues involved with MLS
- Mills stood out on the pitch

Negatives
- The team and performances
- No club march for sale (as far as I could see) missed opportunity, they never seem to learn.
- Not a fan of the away kit.

If frank didn't know what players were crap, he does now! that's the most I can take from the playing side of things.

Here's my takeaway from the pre season tour.
Positives
- The US fan base is growing and is incredible given that the team has been rubbish for a generation.
- The independent supporters clubs are great, fair play to baltimore toffees.
- The new home kit looks well.
- The men in blazers show in DC was good. It's great to have Rog flying the blue flag in the States.
- The Adrian Heath half time spot was great last night. Good to see such passionate blues involved with MLS
- Mills stood out on the pitch

Negatives
- The team and performances
- No club march for sale (as far as I could see) missed opportunity, they never seem to learn.
- Not a fan of the away kit.

If frank didn't know what players were crap, he does now! that's the most I can take from the playing side of things.

Concur 100%.

No merch was terrible. The tables in the Baltimore stadium had a few new Everton kits and they sold out. Arsenal had a selection of T-shirts. Instead of a dozen $95 kits that sell out in twenty minutes, how about a nice selection of a few different $30 T-shirts and training gear? (That top they came out in was fire, they could have sold 5000).

Baltimore Toffees had fantastic merch- I'll take pix of the shirt and scarf. A supporters club outdoing the team - bad look

Concur 100%.

No merch was terrible. The tables in the Baltimore stadium had a few new Everton kits and they sold out. Arsenal had a selection of T-shirts. Instead of a dozen $95 kits that sell out in twenty minutes, how about a nice selection of a few different $30 T-shirts and training gear? (That top they came out in was fire, they could have sold 5000).

Baltimore Toffees had fantastic merch- I'll take pix of the shirt and scarf. A supporters club outdoing the team - bad look
I’ll add that with the NFL’s new look UK foray the club could’ve done a squad tie in with the Vikings who have a big fanbase, instead they just sent Paul Clement to meet their front office.

the worst of a bad lot has been Patterson. Some very nice forays forward early on, but he has been badly out of position and been schooled by these Loons forwards.
Don't you think that maybe when a full back commits himself forward then it is somebodies job to fill in for him? Patterson was second choice at Rangers behind a full back that created and scored many goals for us, do you think when he gets forward we just leave a big hole where he's come from? I watched your whole game and I feel sorry for the lad (he's 20 by the way) as he's surrounded by some very poor players. I don't know who he's meant to learn from there. I'd be more worried about your left hand side as that's where three of the four goals came from, the other being your centre back's own goal, when yes Patterson had committed himself forward.

I’ll add that with the NFL’s new look UK foray the club could’ve done a squad tie in with the Vikings who have a big fanbase, instead they just sent Paul Clement to meet their front office.
yea, was thinking that for the Ravens. A team that plays in blue in a stadium that's all blue and was there any effort at a link up, nope.
The merchandise thing is baffling and goes to show that the club is not managed well.
There's no way in hell, with American owners, they'd miss the opportunity to sell merch to everyone there.

yea, was thinking that for the Ravens. A team that plays in blue in a stadium that's all blue and was there any effort at a link up, nope.
The merchandise thing is baffling and goes to show that the club is not managed well.
There's no way in hell, with American owners, they'd miss the opportunity to sell merch to everyone there.
Stadium is purple mate

the worst of a bad lot has been Patterson. Some very nice forays forward early on, but he has been badly out of position and been schooled by these Loons forwards.
Don't you think that maybe when a full back commits himself forward then it is somebodies job to fill in for him? Patterson was second choice at Rangers behind a full back that created and scored many goals for us, do you think when he gets forward we just leave a big hole where he's come from? Used to be when a right back got forward then the right midfielder would sit in, nowadays it would be the sitting midfielder. I watched your whole game and I feel sorry for the lad (he's 20 by the way) as he's surrounded by some very poor players. I don't know who he's meant to learn from there. I'd be more worried about your left hand side as that's where three of the four goals came from, the other being your centre back's own goal, when yes Patterson had committed himself forward. Also I didn't see anybody "school him", he made a couple of good interventions to nick the ball and was a bit rash a couple of times, but don't forget he is still a very inexperienced youngster irrespective of how much you paid for him, same age I would imagine as your own youngsters. "Worst of a bad lot", you've just lost the second half to their second string ffs, how can Patterson be the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.